As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

Pyramids is better than Mausoleum, but that's mostly because it's available and usable a lot earlier, of course.

Anyway obviously we want to kill him (I also want to kill everyone) but we're definitely not interested in fighting an actual war with him right now.

Gaspar Wrote:am I underestimating CKNs?

Yes.

Build pikes if you fear a knight counter attack, but as long as you're the one attacking you will win on a hammer to hammer ratio with CKNs. Period. Luddite tested out that they come out one top even against Machine Guns, crazy as that sounds.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

CFCJesterFool Wrote:Umm...knights don't fare so well against pikes. That's why I said beeline Machinery->Engineering. I suppose my meaning would have been clearer by saying "cho-ko-nu + pike + maceman + treb".

Skip the mace and treb. Maybe 1 or 2 treb if you really want to bombard culture, but you don't need to. A dozen CKNs will take out anything in this era.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Hey, stop giving our plans away to Commodore! :thumbsdow

The funniest part about all this is how it feeds itself. Commodore sees the thread spamming and thinks we're up to something. Then there's posts in Commodore's thread which makes us think he's up to something, which makes us post more etc...

This whole situation really doesn't make either one of us look all that smart.

Or in the words of the greatest President of all time...

Quote:We weren't prepared for someone to try and outfox us with a stratagem so sophisticated, it's an entire generation beyond "Hey, look! Your shoelaces are untied!"? Is that how I just lost nine guys to a damn street gang with a ham radio?
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Lewwyn threadspam: Comm builds and extra few units.

You're welcome.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Way to go, he has a mace in Kiki now. Thanks Lewwyn.

Threadspam

Go build an army and fight. You're gonna lose anyway.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Rabble rabble rabble make opponents suspicious rabble rabble rabble

So we played turn 93.

Lewwyn go take a damn nap or something.

[Image: events93.jpg]

Despite a mace appearing in Kiki, we decided to finish off Paper at 80% (clearly I should have left less leeway last turn). yuris finally signs peace with Mistabod, but we'll see how long that lasts. Mistabod does the usual end-of-GA civic swap, and they also built SoZ. We would have built that if we ever had time to tech Aesthetics. rolleye Well, at least it wasn't Commodore.

[Image: explore93.jpg]

We found yuris's refounded capital. I think the original location was 1S of this because he probably founded coastally. Not sure why he didn't found in the same location again. I hope he gets culture in there soon because he has massive tile culture in the area that he just needs to reclaim.

Other than that, not much to the turn. We finished three catapults and will build at least two more.

[Image: alcarnus93.jpg]

Alcarnus is growing nicely and grabbing mature commerce tiles from nearby cities. We'll probably want to build the commerce buildings here and avoid building them in RC, for example.

[Image: demos93.jpg]