As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar and NobleHelium - More Arguments About Buildings & Food.

Turn made its way around, going to be very short because I'm tired.

Commodore swapped to Mercantalism and Nationhood. The most curious part of the turn is this:

[Image: t111a.jpg]

What is Commodore up to? If he's got Knights in the fog, he can't have many of them. Regardless, we stuffed the cats into Cathedral just to be safe and gave a few promotions out. Also rolled our Galley out as a bit of a middle finger to give him pause before he tries anything.

Other than that, we're up to 16 CKN. The demos look pretty fine atm. Calm before the storm?

[Image: t111b.jpg]
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

FWIW, I think Mist hit the nail on the head. Strongly non-human nature comprehending from Commodore, that's generally one of his strengths. You go to kill someone and you find your efforts stymied by another player propping him up it is quite natural to want to go and hurt them. I don't know why Commodore sent Dave Iron anyway - I get some fear at the Byzantine runaway train but wouldn't the best case scenario be that he let Mistabod soften Dave up and then he goes in and take the rest of it. Or for that matter, invades the newly conquered Byzantine cities after they've gassed themselves deeper in French territory.

And its absurd that somehow they should attack us because we're "winning." We're not winning, but even if you believed we were winning it simply isn't practical for Mistabod to attack us:
  • We share no border.
  • They couldn't keep anything they took.
  • We're their main source of trade routes.

If we were running away, then maybe you make a sacrifice, but nobody could possibly argue we're running away with anything, except maybe record for most time spent building wealth. wink

I think all of that is second to the fact that nearly every instance of diplomacy in the "banter" thread has been initiated by Commodore, and his attempts aren't even effective. They're just god damned repetitive and annoying. Oh something remotely notable happened? There must be a post in the banter thread by Commodore trying to manipulate it to his benefit.

Pretty uneventful turn on our end. Commdore did not boil out of the fog and attack, though it does look like he and Dave put a hurt on Mist, to the tune of ~160k power from last turn. Dave has now reconquered the cities of his that weren't razed and Mist lost a GG while both Dave and Commodore had births. On some level, we'd love to prop up Mistabod but we're not in a position to help any more than we've already offered. Could probably spare another happy resource if he needs it, but that's it. Not going to love us when we go Mercantalism in a couple turns, either.

Your nightly update on the activity in the Desolate Sands - Commodore's workers finished their road:

[Image: t112a.jpg]

The only picture that really tells the story of turn is F5 - military buildup continues:

[Image: t112b.jpg]

I really don't know what else to show - the real action is happening elsewhere. If there's something I'm not showing that y'all might find interesting - just ask. I'll end with this snippet of conversation:

Quote:NobleHelium: #1 in all demos!!!!1111 commodore has seizure!
Gaspar: except soldiers
commodore has 2 seizures!

Mostly though - Are you rich like me? wink

[Image: t112c.jpg]

(Note: Churlish bragging aside, I'm still not convinced this isn't Commodore's game to lose. We're definitely in solid position, though.)

Intrinsically, I know better than to be worried about posts in the lurker thread, since generally you're all just debating whether you prefer Pepsi or Coke, but the rapidity of which these are following my last update definitely has my paranoid side twitching.

So, uh, stop it, okay?

Coke, and your unexpected sudden downfall from forces that you simply cannot predict.

Not to make you worry or anything.

Pepsi and Coke both suck.

If you put a sentry chariot on that hill SSW of Cathedral, couldn't you be able to spot if units were massing 2W of Kiki?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Gaspar Wrote:Intrinsically, I know better than to be worried about posts in the lurker thread, since generally you're all just debating whether you prefer Pepsi or Coke, but the rapidity of which these are following my last update definitely has my paranoid side twitching.

So, uh, stop it, okay?

I hear there's a latest "viral craze" of a music video. Maybe they're discussing that
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

NobleHelium Wrote:Pepsi and Coke both suck.

Real men drink kvass.