As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BaxAmeliKnight's thread

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0040-1.jpg]

I've looked around the map, and i think this is the best place for my last city. Deer, Fish and Horse, tons of mines/forests, and tons of lakes for commerce.

Or settle on the Deer, get Crabs/Fish/Horse/Deer, on a river for my own Deruptus and other stuff.

I'd agree that one of those 2 spots is the best spot for your 4th that we can see right now, but there are two major problems I can see regardless. Firstly lake tiles aren't great right now and only get worse over time, never improving beyond 2/0/2 (it's a shame none of those tiles are ocean or else Heron Throne could increase it to 2/1/2). The other problem is that it's a front line city with Team 3, something we want to avoid with a supercity if at all possible (also it'll be a nightmare against cultists).

By the time you get your third city up and running, we should have units that can tackle the barbs in the fog (fawns, centaurs) and determine if there's a better spot for your 4th.

Should we time it so that I am the one finishing the research on FoL?

Of course. How else are you going to get the holy city? There's still 2-3 turns left before then though. Basically the turn before we finish research, we just need to figure out the appropriate order for us to end the next turn. Shouldn't be difficult.

BTW, what are you going to do with the acolyte? I think the best thing to do with it is to send it to me so we can both start spreading the religion around, and I think your 2nd city is close enough to our capitals that it should naturally spread anyway.

All of us get an acolyte though, for finishing the tech. So Nabaxo can immediately have it in two cities, while we both get one.

Amelia Wrote:All of us get an acolyte though, for finishing the tech. So Nabaxo can immediately have it in two cities, while we both get one.

That would be awesome if it were true. Unfortunately, I just tested it and that doesn't appear to be the case. Shame.

Urgh that's a shame. So we only get the holy city and one acolyte. Yeah spreading it to you would be the best use of it.

Agreed. Will also hold of on settling my third city in the mean time.

I have a spare settler which i'm sending over to Malakim lands. I already have a settler ready for my third location, and i don't see a fourth place yet.

Amelia Wrote:I have a spare settler which i'm sending over to Malakim lands. I already have a settler ready for my third location, and i don't see a fourth place yet.

Looks like we'll be in a bit of an expansion phase shortly. Malakim already have a settler heading for their 3rd city site and are building another in Timberling. Going from 2 -> 5 cities seems a bit much, so perhaps one of them should go to the Amurites? (only problem is that I don't have a 4th city spot yet, but hopefully that should change soon)

BTW nabaxo, since we'll get FoL next turn and I don't think you can found your city before then, you may as well keep moving towards your third city spot.

We will almost certainly want to get Festivals very soon, we can't ignore markets for much longer. Perhaps directly after HBR?