As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BaxAmeliKnight's thread

(October 28th, 2012, 04:11)nabaxo Wrote: Extra happiness is always a plus.

Very true.

Once I complete Dreptus in ~5t, I'll have a spare Ale to trade. If you don't need the happiness Amelia I'll send it to nabaxo. If we want a 3rd Ale evenutally though one of you two will need to build Dreptus as well (probably nabaxo since Amelia doesn't have a river city).

Also we need to sort out our future tech path. Considering that teching Sorcery will soon be feasible, we need to start thinking about Arcane Lore. I think the best way of getting it is having Kurio's take it with Tower of Divination. We're only a Law node away from that (and Divination tech) but that can be fixed by either a Law node or Order shrine (if we get it). Also we need OO in order to build Hemah, getting Hemah and consequently denying him to Team 3 is the main reason to go for Arcane Lore this early.

Sorcery is still mighty expensive for now (2000 base compared to Writing + Trade 800) and we do need other techs as well though (AV, Priesthood, Construction/Sanitation, BW/Smelting, Currency) so a direct beeline isn't necessary but I don't think losing the race to Arcane Lore is an option. What do you guys think?

A detour to Priesthood would be in our favor as it would unlock some strong units. Priest of Leaves are nice to have because of tigers which are decent units in themselves and could be used for extra culture and happy (Tiger Cage).

Can we get construction as well? I need to chain-irrigate my hammer city for the food. Apart from that though, only Priesthood sounds logical, the rest can wait. Currency maybe?

(October 28th, 2012, 10:05)nabaxo Wrote: A detour to Priesthood would be in our favor as it would unlock some strong units. Priest of Leaves are nice to have because of tigers which are decent units in themselves and could be used for extra culture and happy (Tiger Cage).

That's true, but those are minor benefits considering we shouldn't really have any more barb issues at this stage (and we don't border anyone yet) and tiger cages are only +1 happy. On the other hand Priest Spells are quite handy in general and Priests would also make spreading religion easier, although they are still quite expensive to do just that for now, and it unlocks your WS (even though I don't think we need to cast it for some time).

(October 28th, 2012, 21:14)Amelia Wrote: Can we get construction as well? I need to chain-irrigate my hammer city for the food. Apart from that though, only Priesthood sounds logical, the rest can wait. Currency maybe?

Agree on Construction. Except for Sanitation, Priesthood and OO I agree the rest can probably wait.

Sanitation is pretty big for me, giving farms +1food (crucial to my Aristofarm economy) and Public Baths would really help happiness problems for all of us. I've talked about Priesthood already. We need OO to ensure we can build Hemah when we get Arcane Lore, but it doesn't need be teched for some time since FoL is working out fine as my religion atm.

I also forgot to include Warfare/Military Strategy, they're both cheap and give the Epics, Military State and Command Posts. Considering nabaxo is only in ORG temporarily, he needs to get Command Posts built before he switches into a different trait, although perhaps this also can wait until after Sorcery.

We're currently doing Writing -> Trade -> Order. After that here's the order I think we should for:

Construction
Sanitation
Priesthood
Divination
OO
Sorcery

My settler is done. Who needs it?

(October 29th, 2012, 11:25)Amelia Wrote: My settler is done. Who needs it?

That would be me.

nabaxo, I suggest you start thinking about a 5th city sometime soon as well.

A thought hit me. There is some prime land to my east, land that should be mighty fine locations for Kuriotates to settle.

(October 30th, 2012, 04:00)nabaxo Wrote: A thought hit me. There is some prime land to my east, land that should be mighty fine locations for Kuriotates to settle.

It's a possibility. Now that Legends is cast it doesn't seem as far as it once was. I think we should wait and see what's to the south of Kurio's first though.

I've got another 3 T settler coming out. My other settler is entering Amurite lands soon, WK you have to give me directions for it.

Ok, what does Overcouncil do for us again? It's a bonus to beakers, minus maintenance costs, and drafting, but what are the resolutions that we can put out? (and can 3 of us join the overcouncil and take out resolutions, or must there be another team entering as well?)

Also: WK, do you need horses? I don't need them for now.