As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BaxAmeliKnight's thread

Since i had nothing to do before dinner, let's look at all our opponents and see their status, since we have graphs on them now.

Team Plako:

Luchuirp: A ridiculous 200 GNP, 115 Hammers (roughly), and 225 Food. That's either a ridiculous amount of cities, or a normal amount of extremely high pop cities. Power is of course ridiculously high.

Illians: Roughly 95 GNP, tied for lowest prod at 28 hammers, and roughly 100 food. They're not doing that well, might have given cities away to Luchuirp. Power is 50% higher than Amu / Kurios.

Balseraphs: GNP is tied with Amurites, prod is about 40, and about 100 food. Both the other teams don't seem to be doing well compared to the Luchuirp, so what happened with this team? Mass city give to the dwarves? Power is 50% higher than Amu/Kurios.

The only threat this team really has is that insane Luchuirp. What happened? Do the hammers give that much bonuses? Also, all 3 teams have higher power compared to us, so we might want to be careful.

Team Elimist:

Clan: 50 GNP? 100 hammers, maybe. Food at 250. This is probably worker/settler spamming for other teammates, which makes sense as the Clan.

Calabim: 110 GNP, 121 Hammers!, 200 Food. They've recently completed Governor's Mansions (only way i can justify that ridiculous hammer growth). The only team among Team Elimist teching, and it's not that good either.

Elohim: 60 GNP, 50 hammers, 65 Food. Another team i've no idea what's going on. Low in everything.

This team's GNP is really low, and their power doesn't suggest rushing either. They might be turtling till vampires before they attack, but they already have them, and yet the power meter of the Calabim isn't rising. Clan is high, of course, but it's Clan.

Team Reddit:

Khazad: 95 GNP, 55 Hammers, 45 Food. Really bad. Barb troubles, maybe?

Sidar: 60 GNP, 40 hammers, 50 Food. Again, quite bad.

Hippus: 13! GNP, 30 hammers, 40 Food. 13 GNP is shocking.

Team threat: very low. Their hammer values aren't that high either.

Checked for War Weariness, 0. No fighting yet.

Most of these values are guesswork taken from the graph and compared to mine, unless checked from the demographics. But they're roughly accurate.

(November 26th, 2012, 06:43)Amelia Wrote: Team Plako:

The only threat this team really has is that insane Luchuirp. What happened? Do the hammers give that much bonuses? Also, all 3 teams have higher power compared to us, so we might want to be careful.

It's those Mud Golems. EitBv8 mad them very cheap (even cheaper with IND), and they work faster then regular workers. Combine that with their worldspell and the only civ in the game to have 2 golden ages already, and its not that surprising.

Good news is Luchuirp aren't really a military threat late game, Golems are too slow. However Bals and Illians sure ar. Nothing really to worry about short term though, still too far away for any tyoe of invasion to work.

Luchuirp GNP is due to wonder culture and FIN boost. He's running 0% gold for the FIN boost to teammates via currency. Not a research threat, but teammates are running 100% science instead.

(November 26th, 2012, 06:43)Amelia Wrote: Team Elimist:

This team's GNP is really low, and their power doesn't suggest rushing either. They might be turtling till vampires before they attack, but they already have them, and yet the power meter of the Calabim isn't rising. Clan is high, of course, but it's Clan.

Vamps need Feudalism, and they don't have that yet. Do Governor's Mansion hammers appear in the demogs in EitB? Otherwise the only other thing I'll point out is Elohim had a GNP comparable to mine when we first met, I wonder what their purpose was if it wasn't for early teching? Otherwise not much to say about this team yet, my initial impression as a late game threat that'll take some time to get there still holds.

(November 26th, 2012, 06:43)Amelia Wrote: Team Reddit:

Team threat: very low. Their hammer values aren't that high either.

I'm not sure what happened with these guys. Perhaps they underestimated Deity or just aren't as good at the game. Whatever the reason, these guys are out of contention and should be conquered whenever possible.

BTW, how long until you guys can switch into Foreign Trade? Also will look over micro plan for TGLib tomorrow.

Micro plan looks good, except that I don't think chops are worth 6 hammers. (Goes on WB to check)... Nope, it's 13 hammers with the archery boost. I don't think it shaves a turn off though.

One other thing. nabaxo, do you think you could provide a FoL disciple or, better yet, a dancing bear for Amelia's new city for culture? Otherwise it'll be a pain getting culture there. There's a polar bear just to the north of the city if your looking for one.

I was using a forest that was outside my city radius, but i marked a forest in city radius now, so it should be more. No shaved turn, though.

Amelia: Do you want the disciple or the bear?

Bear. Faster culture spread which is important for my third ring, and +1 happy to boot. Religion does nothing for me now.

Let's find us a bear then...

Guys, i'll be away for the weekend, so if the turn comes around can any of you play the turn for me? It should only be one turn, so i can select new builds the next turn if needed. Thanks.

Bad news nabaxo, looks like plako decided to kill the wolf with a Mud Golem before I could capture him. I'll see if the wolf near the Clan is still around but I doubt it. Otherwise I'm not sure where else we can find a wolf.

Also can anyone explain the vamps GNP spike?

[Image: T100%20Calabim%20GNP.jpg]

Not really a good turn, but at least Sanitation came in.

Hey it's t100. Any lurkers out there want some sort of overview? (assuming there are any out there at all) If so what?

On another note, Team Reddit's thread name change says to me they've given up on the game, and I can't blame them considering their position.