As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Banter thread: now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

This whole sitation could have been easily avoided.

(December 18th, 2012, 21:53)Hart Wrote: This whole sitation could have been easily avoided.

Indeed. Talk to us. We're looking for friends, but I have to assume that radio silence means hostility.

The general trend in these RB games seems to be that one team develops into a runaway, and the other teams respond too late. I think we're at that point in this game: Team ScaryGraphs is only a few turns from being able to churn out Vampires, then they can devour us one by one. I think the other three teams need to work together to jam a stick into their spokes, or this game is over.

Well if we talk about any diplomacy here. One thing should be clear to you if you look at our number of cities.
We will expand in what little room is left, or die trying. If there is a runaway team they'll probably come for us last. I'm fine settling for 2nd place.

If you wanna dogpile, we need to be able to expand peacefully to free up our troops and killing our scouts ain't no way to get an alliance going.
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

(December 19th, 2012, 13:15)Yell0w Wrote: I'm fine settling for 2nd place.

Sigh. How about it, Team Adaptive? Are you interested in cooperating against the forces of evil, or should we prepare our final stand?

I thought we banned diplo?

Quote:forces of evil
Only one team in this game has three Evil civs wink
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 19th, 2012, 13:53)Mardoc Wrote: I thought we banned diplo?

Quote:forces of evil
Only one team in this game has three Evil civs wink

Evil is as evil does. And the Luchuirp are Neutral. neenerneener

I thought we agreed on public diplo:

(July 19th, 2012, 17:11)Mardoc Wrote:
nabaxo Wrote:I believe we settled on a banter/public diplo thread, anyone want to disconfirm?

That was our understanding as well. And if that wasn't clear, it's our vote, anyway.

(December 19th, 2012, 13:59)DaveV Wrote:

I thought we agreed on public diplo:

(July 19th, 2012, 17:11)Mardoc Wrote:
nabaxo Wrote:I believe we settled on a banter/public diplo thread, anyone want to disconfirm?

That was our understanding as well. And if that wasn't clear, it's our vote, anyway.

Ah. Nevermind, then.

I'll just point out to teams 2 and 4 that demos don't matter once your army is summons. There's a very limited timeframe in which Team Clown is vulnerable. If not stopped before then, they will kill us all without breaking a sweat. See PBEMXXI for an example of the power of Balseraphs if left in peace too long.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 19th, 2012, 15:59)Mardoc Wrote: See PBEMXXI for an example of the power of Balseraphs if left in peace too long.

Ah yes, the curse of "potential". All the potential in the world isn't much use if we're dead.

If we're going to argue about who's the bigger threat right now: the Balseraphs currently have exactly zero adepts with enough XP to promote to mage. Vampires are born with Channeling II. So who's going to be doing the summoning?

(December 19th, 2012, 16:10)DaveV Wrote: If we're going to argue about who's the bigger threat right now: the Balseraphs currently have exactly zero adepts with enough XP to promote to mage. Vampires are born with Channeling II. So who's going to be doing the summoning?

Snowfall + summons + puppets + keelyn

It's not a coincidence that we've sent all of our obnoxiousness in the same direction; we're trying to delay the keelyn machine as much as possible. If the other teams do force us to shift to the defensive, you'll have your chance to regain the momentum you had earlier.

It's odd that you'd even suggest a dogpile, seeing as your team is the most vulnerable to one (AL).
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth