As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

with your walls completing i imagine he'd be better off bombarding??

anyway I would keep pumping out units everywhere and hope he doesnt raze exeter, then try to recapture. im afraid he'll raze it, and the pyramids along with it though frown. so you might as well fight to the last man.

oh well.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

I can't see him razing Exeter, he'll have so many units and it's full of pointy things, so we'll have to see if I can get it back...

Turn 79

Serdoa catted the defenses down to 30%, then sent in suicide cats and axes. Which didn't suicide. I only killed two units in Exeter, then another two when he went off up north after Jarrow. frown (read from bottom to top)
[Image: t79%20doom.jpg]
That means the rest of the Lower League continues to be in danger. I can't take exeter back as he's left five units in there. Jarrow will auto-raze next turn. Crewe and Altrincham are next on the agenda, so I'll fall back and see what I can produce down here instead. I'm trying to get 2-pop whips to overflow from cats into axes and archers, which means producing two units every three turns - I don't know if I have time for that - presumably Serdoa will heal up and come straight back at me...

Anti-Serdoa Army (ignores the warriors, archer and spear needed for MP):
Six catapults now, will have another three over the next two turns.
Five axes, possibly four more over the next three turns
Three spears, no more needed.
One chariot, can't build any more. I've offered Hydra crab for Horse, we'll see if he wants to help me out here...
No archers - one more, followed by others where hammer overflow permits.

Given he has 20 axes and 9 cats I'm still in so much trouble...

Power

Without knowing the odds, that amount of catapult withdrawals looks like an extremely bad luck alright
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 80

Jarrow burned. The fourth city Serdoa has taken from me. This transgression must be avenged.

Not sure how exactly. His stack is pretty much intact, and coming over the hill is a super-healing scout, Hernan Cortez. Given my time over again I'd have fallen back to Crewe and Altrincham, kept my powder dry and counter attacked when I could actually hurt him a little and hadn't given him a great general.

I'm quite impressed with how many units I'm producing a turn - it's going to be four turns before I'm at the level Serdoa is now (20 axe, 10 cat, 5 chariot, 5 spear) and there is a 3/4 turn walk from Barnet to the war zone. Hydra has kindly loaned me horse in exchange for crab so I'm going to aim to have horse archers in the mix very soon...

Originally I was aiming for second and not being embarrassed (not gonna happen and Calendar detour? Ouch). I think my revised aim for this game is to take Exeter back from Serdoa. It won't happen in the next ten turns, but if I keep concentrating on units it at least gives the other players a chance to catch up to Serdoa...

First thing is to wipe out his stack when he comes after crewe - I'm assuming he'll head for the plains hill NW of crewe, so I'm wondering about roading it to make moving defenders easier. I think I want a lot of cats, then horse archers to take out his cats, then axes to clean up. I'm not sure I should build any more archers or spears as I don't want him to get as far as actually attacking.

Power. Ouch.

I'm actually enjoying this more than when I was microing away in second place...

(February 18th, 2013, 14:21)Fintourist Wrote: Without knowing the odds, that amount of catapult withdrawals looks like an extremely bad luck alright

I don't think so - I've had a quick look through the combat log so odds calculators at the ready:

So far Serdoa has
Lost a 9% battle
won a 72%
won a 100%

I won a 50%

Serdoa won a 100%
lost a 3%
lost a 5%
won a 98%

I withdrew from a 36%
and withdrew from another 36%

Serdoa lost an 11%
withdrew from a 20%
withdrew from a 28%
withdrew from a 51%
won an 81%
won an 80%
won an 85%
lost an 85%
won an 86%
won a 98%
won an 88%
won a 91%
won an 89%
won an 89%
won a 98%
won a 99%
won a 100%
won an 85%
lost a 63%
lost a 68%
won a 50%
won a 75%
won a 90%
won a 97%

I feel like that's pretty even overall, I got a couple of low-odds cat retreats, so did he.

He bombed down the defenses to the point where there were a lot of 80-90% battles, then he should win 17 out of 20 of those...

Turn 81

Ah hahahahaha hahaha ha haha. No.

Serdoa's army heals up. Healing at 45% per turn (10% + 10% for city + 10% for medic 1 + 15% for medic 2 - have I got that right?) should mean the stack starts heading towards me again next turn. That's a bit quicker than I was hoping...

Right now I have 9 axes and 8 cats, next turn I'll have 12 axes and 10 cats, but it still takes a while to get them into place.

Should I send all my cats at his stack when it gets to Battlefield A or wait until they are on the hill at Battlefield B? At A he doesn't get the 25% defensive bonus, at B my units get to sit in the city if they survive, and more will have arrived to attack. Or should I fall back to Altrincham? Crewe isn't a particularly good city...

Power

Medic 1 and Medic 2 (from the same unit) do not stack, but I assume you meant Medic 3.

(February 20th, 2013, 18:43)NobleHelium Wrote: Medic 1 and Medic 2 (from the same unit) do not stack, but I assume you meant Medic 3.

Yep, I'd always assumed Medic 3 didn't stack either, but it seems to in the sandbox I just made...

Do Medic 1 and Medic 2 on different units stack?

Thanks!

Not sure if Medic 1 and Medic 2 from different units stack or not. Medic 1, 3 and Woodsman 3 from the same unit all stack.