As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

As an aside, I don't think that cheap monuments are the only possible way to improve EXP. I just can't think of any other methods that aren't a combination of gamey, broken, unfun, introduce a new mechanic or is essentially a redesign.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Based on the discussion. I like most of the Krill's suggestions. As a summary I would suggest these:
* Org loses Courthouse bonus, but keeps library
* Agr gains Courthouse+Stables bonus
* Exp gains Aqueduct bonus

Barracks are restored to BtS state.

Not all traits can be equal, but this is again a step towards better balance.

(March 26th, 2013, 10:47)plako Wrote: Based on the discussion. I like most of the Krill's suggestions. As a summary I would suggest these:
* Org loses Courthouse bonus, but keeps library
* Agr gains Courthouse+Stables bonus
* Exp gains Aqueduct bonus

Barracks are restored to BtS state.

Not all traits can be equal, but this is again a step towards better balance.

yeah I like this.

Kril, I wasn't making an argument to add cheap monuments to CRE. I don't think they should be added to any trait. Just that it would make more sense to add them to CRE than EXP.

EXP don't need monuments. TBH, adding them to EXP would make CRE weaker, and I think CRE is already weaker than everything except AGG anyway, so why do that?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

You could give AGG +10% military unit production. And EXP could get the cheap lighthouses, it fits with the "fast starting cities" flavour of EXP.
I have to run.

(March 26th, 2013, 12:16)novice Wrote: You could give AGG +10% military unit production. And EXP could get the cheap lighthouses, it fits with the "fast starting cities" flavour of EXP.

Wouldn't +10% military unit production end up hindering the player more than helping in the early game (due to rounding overflow)?

Best way to buff agressive and still maintain the flavor is buffing promotions, like in FfH. I know RBMod won't mess with that, since it wouldn't be a simple change and would affect a the balance a lot.

Org whithout CH its like basktball without Jordan.so betetr take libraries away and keep CH.

(March 26th, 2013, 12:47)Ichabod Wrote: Best way to buff agressive and still maintain the flavor is buffing promotions, like in FfH. I know RBMod won't mess with that, since it wouldn't be a simple change and would affect a the balance a lot.

Could you increase the XP agg units get for winning battles outside their borders?

(March 26th, 2013, 13:15)mackoti Wrote: Org whithout CH its like basktball without Jordan.so betetr take libraries away and keep CH.

Absolutely agree.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Why were libraries removed from Creative?

Too powerful.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.