As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM 2 Organizing/Tech Thread

No, nothing in regards to City-states is banned.

So, when can everyone play this weekend?

(April 12th, 2013, 13:16)oledavy Wrote: So, when can everyone play this weekend?

Maybe Saturday in the late afternoon I can. I'm pretty busy though. Between showing the house for potential new roommates and doing my taxes (new handle: procrastinator), it should be a busy weekend.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

How do you change your Civ details?

(April 16th, 2013, 05:17)Jowy Wrote: How do you change your Civ details?

You can't I'm afraid, not outside when setting up the game.

(April 16th, 2013, 11:58)oledavy Wrote:
(April 16th, 2013, 05:17)Jowy Wrote: How do you change your Civ details?

You can't I'm afraid, not outside when setting up the game.

Ah, so that's why you appear as the Norse Empire when I receive the save (though I receive the save from Serdoa, it shows Korea as the Norse Empire in the info).

What options do we have if the GMR hits an error when trying to send the file? (My internet is flaky today and it timed out.)

I just replayed the turn in this case because it was easy enough to do, but if a hut had been popped or other random event occurred, what would be the way to proceed?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(April 18th, 2013, 21:24)pindicator Wrote: What options do we have if the GMR hits an error when trying to send the file? (My internet is flaky today and it timed out.)

I just replayed the turn in this case because it was easy enough to do, but if a hut had been popped or other random event occurred, what would be the way to proceed?

Yeah, that'd be nice to discuss, since it's very likely that I'll have to play a turn in flaky internet sometime. Do you know how Civ 5 RNG works? Maybe doing the same thing, in the same order, actually gives the same results. But that's only a solution for the early game, since it's hard to remember the order in which you did combat with a lot of units, for instance.

RNG works the same way. Just save before ending turn...

(April 19th, 2013, 09:22)NobleHelium Wrote: RNG works the same way. Just save before ending turn...

I'll see if that's possible to do in my next save. Sounds like a good solution.