As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

Err he can currently see it (its within two tiles of a land tile, the equivalent is the tile3w 2s of the tireme).
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(April 16th, 2013, 14:27)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Err he can currently see it (its within two tiles of a land tile, the equivalent is the tile3w 2s of the tireme).

duh thanks. Well that changes everything...

Turn 117

Ho hum, Hydra gets to Liberalism first. And he's not so badly off for units after all. He doesn't have engineering yet though, so I'll be ahead of him on at least one thing! I assume he's libbed Nationalism (he got philosophy about 6 turns ago) - I'll have research visibility in the next couple of turns so then he'll be worried.

Serdoa still has a few units here in Korhal, but I don't think they'll stand up to those knights.

Looks like I was wrong about Hydra losing lots of units, maybe I'll stop pretending I know what's going on?

No change on the Azza border, I'll put in some pikes and then feel safer.

And look at my lovely new city, Preston.

Turn 118

Engineering! Pikes!

Build them everywhere! Well okay, in five places.

Serdoa has given up another city - there is only one spear in here:

And fallen back to his new capital.

I'm re-thinking Azza's power spike, I think he's just making himself an unattractive target whilst he cleans up the top-of-the-tree wonders. Now that I have pikes I'll concentrate on the Music line, hoping to get something that Azza doesn't prioritize.

Turn 119

Ah crap. Forget that stuff I was saying about Azza last turn... 27 Catapults! 10 keshiks, 5 maces, 7 axes and 10 spears along with an archer and pike.

We'll have to see if Police State will help at all.

And I wonder how Azza feels about his MOM city? I sent a horse archer to kill a keshik on this hill and realised that he only has a cat and an archer in there. He also revolted to Caste System so he can't whip any defenders. His only option is to send his ten Keshiks back to kill my seven units. He'll probably use the archers in de_tuscan to finish them off, but maybe he won't spot the out and will accept the peace I'll offer.

Well okay he probably won't accept this. But maybe there will be a counter offer?

Military builds everywhere possible. Maces, Crossbows or Cats where I have a choice - elsewhere I'm finishing Pikes that were already in progress. I don't think horse archers are going to be useful as he's got so many spears, so I'm just building defensive units and cats.

I'm leaving a couple of maces, a crossbow and a pike in Forest Green. Hoping that it will cost him a few units to take, but that he won't get too much collatoral. I could try to work out what the optimum defense is, but against that stack I don't think there is one...

Wish me luck...

good luck! I like the plan - when there is no defense possible, best to go on the offense! lol

I think its strange that the two runaway civs are going after the two weaklings - why doesnt aza go after hydra why his forces are in serdoa land and try to secure the victory?

27 cats, lmao. overkill anyone?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

I think Azza's move makes more sense than Hydra's - he's going to gain territory attacking me, while Hydra was just knocking Serdoa out. But yeah, I'd have looked for the knock-out blow if I was Azza. If Hydra is quick his knights can go rampage through Azza's land whilst his stack is stuck in my culture.

I should have included this in the turn report:
[Image: oh%20no%20not%20again.png]

I wonder if this would have happened without the pointy-stick research? bang

I don't get that picture...

"Oddly, the only thought that flashed through Old Harry's head was 'not again!'"

Good luck. I like the 3:2 cat:other things ratio he's fielding.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you defend against that!

Does this help Noble?