As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

That's probably the dumbest title for the dumbest naming scheme. Maybe we can find a better one?

Starting screenshot:

[Image: start.jpg]

Thanks again Krill.

So, obviously there are three questions:

1) Which civ/leader for this start and in general?
2) Where to move the scout?
3) Where to move the settler / settle?

Is this a OCC?
I have to run.

ad 1)

I would love to play a FIN-leader. I can't remember when I ever played one on RB. Not sure I did at all. But with FIN/EXP and FIN/CRE banned the remaining possibilities are all not really providing anything for the early game. Especially as this is non RB-Mod. Darius might be a possibility though, if he is still left when the pick comes to me. Nothing for the early game either, but the reduction in civic costs could be well worth a 100 gold and more per turn in the late game. And the faster Lighthouse might be helpful, even though GLH is banned.

Aside from him I don't really see a FIN-leader I'd like to play. I'm not interested to play yet again with IND (especially as I really have to get rid of the habit of building all wonders that are available). PHI is just a weak trait imo as you really have to bend your game to actually get something out of it (early Library for early Academy etc.). AGG is definitely not good enough and so is CHA. Leaves IMP and SPI. Not certain on those, but I think for IMP I'd want Joao. And for SPI ... no, I don't think I want SPI. Not with FIN at least. If I go standard cottage-economy I don't need to switch my civics as often. I probably would waste the potential. Though it sure is fun if you can switch into and out of Pacifism as you please and don't need to get a GA for it.

Ok, so I think I'd say right now my preferred leaders would be:

FIN/ORG - Darius
EXP/IMP - Joao
EXP/CRE - Sury

and maybe:

SPI/ORG - Asoka
EXP/IND - Bismarck
EXP/ORG - Mehmet

(May 12th, 2013, 11:30)novice Wrote: Is this a OCC?

I sure hope not, else I missed something important in the sign-up thread wink

(May 12th, 2013, 11:30)novice Wrote: Is this a OCC?

Yeah, I hope not as well...
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Ex-girlfriends... naming scheme... OCC.

Pretty sure you both missed the joke. smile
If you know what I mean.

Oh wow... I missed that completely.

I think Victoria is often underrated.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.