As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

(May 13th, 2013, 08:25)Ichabod Wrote: Are we considering moving to the fp area? I think we should (at least consider it). Maybe moving the scout 1nw could be a good thing? Reveals quite a bit of land for a city settled 1W and a city settled 2N1W.

I think we certainly have to consider it. Especially as we could keep the wet corn even if we move, which clearly is our best tile by far. But I also consider what you said earlier, that this corn might have been added and that we might have another resource 2S of the settler. Though I somehow doubt that Krill would add wet corn, but that depends on the other starts as well I guess. If they are all much better, it certainly makes sense that he adds it.

Oh well, I'm uncertain. I think you are right that the scout should move 1nw. That will uncover the most tiles.

As for settling: We could settle 1NW of the corn. I believe that this would be coastal (the river in the fog indicates that it ends there, running into the ocean). It would have at least the 2FP, wet corn, LH-able lake, PH, GH. More importantly, a quick settler (maybe even without the second worker in between, have to sim) could settle on the forest 2S of the corn. That city could share the wet corn, the PH and the LH-lake, would have 2 riverside grassland tiles for cottages and would gain access to the fish. Only question is how to get a border pop...

(May 13th, 2013, 09:19)Serdoa Wrote: Only question is how to get a border pop...

No Stonehenge! No Stonehenge! We don't need all the wonders!! neenerneener

if the corn was added, I'd say we have a greater possibility of a non-good food resource 2S of the settler. And I say the corn might be added because the graphics are strange, all the plains surrounding a grass resource tile. It's probably just an impression, though.

Well if it is a low-food resource it most likely would have been plains cow. Which we wouldn't be able to improve before T40 anyhow if we go for early BW.

I think the picks up to now show that with Inca and India banned there really is no incentive to pick civ first. I wonder if Joao will be picked at all and also if Nakor will actually pick civ first - I could see some incentive for that, depending on what start he has.

Pericles, really? They have to have quite a bit of cottageable land I'd assume as this pick indicates a quick Writing to get a cheap Library up, run two scientists with double GPP due to PHI for an extra-fast Academy. BUT they got bitten in PB8 already by their run at a strong wonder and forgetting over that the need to expand. What's the chance that will happen again?

I'm not a big fan of philosophical, but I can see where they are coming from. I think bulbs have a bit more value in a game where the first to bonuses are more contested (due to more players). I don't think they need a super-duper-quick Academy to make this work, they are going to have a quicker academy even if they don't prioritize it. If they plan right, they can also have an advantage getting to Astronomy quicker, for example.

We'll see. I don't think they are a likely candidate to win the game, but I hope they can improve a bit from their performance in PB8.

Yeah, I certainly would hope that too.

And I also hope that BaII is going to pick soon. He was online since Nakor picked (some minutes ago the last time), so he probably still needs time to think it through. At least I hope that's the reason and not that he simply isn't realizing that it is his turn.

So, BaII picked and took Zara (CRE/ORG) and Ottomans. That leaves the following Civs for us right now:

1stChineseAgriMiningCho-Ko-Nu (X-Bow)Pavillion (Theater)
2ndEgyptWheelAgriWar Chariot (Chariot)Obelisk (Monument)
4thSumeriaWheelAgriVulture (Axe)Ziggurat (Courthouse)
5thFrenchWheelAgriMusketeer (Musket)Salon (Observatory)
6thBabylonWheelAgriBowman (Archer)Garden (Colosseum)
7thMaliWheelMiningSkirmisher (Archer)Mint (Forge)

Well I have rather low opinions of the players in this game besides WK (and to a lesser extent cheetah whom I haven't seen enough of yet, and dazed whom doesn't pay enough attention) and the unproven entities. Of course with this large a game randomness (i.e. starting next to a super crappy neighbor) is a greater factor, but still.

Babylon is terrible, do not pick it.

Anyway I was kind of thinking NW of the corn also as a possible settling location (whoops on missing the forest). I doubt we're going to uncover anything with the scout move though.

Take Sumeria. You know you want to. lol (Yeah we probably won't be getting Priesthood for a while but it's so cheap it doesn't really matter.)