As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

Okay I need to go to bed, so I've sent two saves direct to Hydra, and I've said that a lurker will let him know which save to play - Good Scientist Save or Bad Artist Save. Noble, can you make a call on this for me (if it helps I'm sure I've never put a single artist GPP into Grimsby, I've checked a couple of old saves to be sure).

Oh, duh. You finish the HE this turn which gives you a GA point. I told Hydra to play the Artist one.

lol, well thats bad micro.. but can't blame you for not predicting the 0.1%
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

It was a ~0.34% chance.

:Lol:

oh well.. what will you use the artist for now?

I'll make him do a little dance for me!

Or go for a culture victory.

cry

Thanks for figuring that out for us Noble. I didn't even realise Heroic Epic gave artist points smoke Even so I'd probably still have taken the 0.34% risk!

Would you believe I only completed HE this turn because I was worried about losing overflow in units if I let it complete next turn? rolleye

Turn 140

Azza wants to throw in the towel, despite being top on points and one turn from Riffling? From war weariness it looks like he suicided a lot of units without killing many of Hydras.

He's likely to lose de_nuke next turn or the turn after, but Hydra can't make any more inroads after that can he?

Will a dogpile help? The 1-mover stack means I'm not worried about taking de_tuscan, but the real prize is the MOM in de_inferno. I've 12 HA's bound for that city next turn. I'm hoping his pike will sally forth to attack, but he'll probably just use the cat. What I really don't want is for him to shift everything from tuscan into inferno giving him time to upgrade things to rifles... Guess we'll see how much his heart has gone from the game next turn.

This turn I'm due a 85% scientist from Lancaster and a ~30% artist/ ~50% scientist/ ~20% engineer from Ipswich (I should get both because Ipswich is just crazy for GP points). My tentative plan is to use last turn's GA and my Great Engineer to launch the next golden age after I have the MOM. And for all the other great folks to be scientists. I hope that Azza and the RNG are listening to this.

Does this GNP spike make up for the last fifty turns of mediocrity? In fact is it truncated because I finished off techs on both turns?

So tell me straight, have I got a chance of beating Hydra? Should I force Serdoa to keep playing a hopeless game? Is there a PC way to tell Azza to man up?

Fake edit: twirl Two scientists after the turn rolled, back in the game!

how far are you from rifling?