As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

Sorry, I changed my password half way through the turn (I really shouldn't use my forum login for this game) this version should work. Password Harry

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/rjiw1nh2o8a9xw5...dSwordSave

By the way I think THH doesn't have a password set (I know he didn't about 70 turns ago) so you can probably play his turn after mine and see if you really did dig me out. Please check with him if its okay before you do though.

Well...you have some terrible promotions on your units.

Any in particular?

CG on the crossbows, and uh Charge on a maceman...

(June 15th, 2013, 14:47)NobleHelium Wrote: Charge on a maceman...

Guilty smoke - can't even remember why I did that but I was cursing it this morning!

(June 15th, 2013, 14:47)NobleHelium Wrote: CG on the crossbows

They used to be defenders for a flatlands city - what would you give them?

I'd have to see the specifics, but unless you're really desperate I would have given them combat promotions. Crossbows are more often used as attackers than defenders, and when defending it's generally against units that they would likely win against anyway.

I think it was when I'd just taken Forest Green back - I wasn't particularly desperate, but I also wasn't planning on using them outside of cities. Will bare that in mind in future.

The reason your cats didn't hit 6 units every time is that whenever one of THH's catapults was chosen as a collateral target, you lost a hit since catapults are immune to collateral damage. So having lots of units that are immune to collateral damage in a stack will help protect the other units in the stack from collateral damage.
I have to run.

Yeah, I discovered that when Azza attacked me a little while ago, that wasn't my question. When they were fighting the cavs in this pic:

They were getting hits in far less often than the cavalry did. Which in just the first four I'd put down to random chance, but every one of my 26 cats got fewer hits in than the cav that killed it - I thought that strength didn't affect the frequency of hits and I can't find anything about first strikes for cavalry defending...

Strength affects the hit probability smile I'll go and search you the link.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3