As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

Oh, that would be a reasonable boost. Would have to be implemented such that the capital can't make a three hammer plant with that bonus though.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Yeah, that's why I was saying all 1-hammer plants, you're guaranteed to get a 10-turn worker with that change, but it's still impossible to get like an 8 turn worker

Quick check: If Paper was only reachable through CS, and not Theology as well, it would probably be OK to remove the Literature and CoL mandatory prerequisites. That would open up that bottleneck a bit. Thoughts?

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I don't understand. Why is it even a problem for theo to be an optional prerequisite?

Unlocking paper really early enables the known tech bonus on all techs, so that can be quite powerful if no one else has it. Oracle to Theo means only need Maths and Alphabet to be able to be able to bulb Paper if MC is not a mandatory prerequisite (I'm wasn't sure when making that post if MC ought to stay as a prerequisite, but that is probably sufficient reason why), but Paper alone is not the most expensive tech to research.

tl;dr: was trying to figure out what needs to be done to stop a Paper beeline. Everything else can be removed. So long as MC stays as a a mandatory prerequisite, it would actually be OK to leave Theo as an optional prereqsuite.

What about changing the requirement of Astronomy to be CoL & Calendar instead of Paper and Calendar? That would preserve the possibility of bulbing Astro while still making it not as direct a potential beeline as BtS
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I like - and it doesn't hurt that Calendar is really easy to justify from a flavor POV as a pre-req for Astro.

The issue is how it contrasts with the availability of bulbing Education. I don't actually mind that change, in fact I think it can be beneficial because bulbing Astro was always a possibility in base BtS, just need to consider the side effects so don't go and fuck something up somewhere else because of it.

Looking through the bulb list Pin, I think that CoL in addition to Calendar and Optics which are the original prerequisites is the best bet, as you suggested.

I think paper makes a lot more sense. what does a code of laws have to do w/ astronomy or the sea? :P
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.