As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

La Plaisanterie, C'est Moi - Ichabod's Spoiler Thread

Still no religions or Stonehenge. I really doubt I can get one of the religions, but it's nice to know that no one is that far ahead on a possible Oracle race.

Of course, having said that, I expect to see Seven founding both religions and finishing the Oracle next turn, even if that's not supposed to be possible. lol

The turn was pretty normal. No enemy units in sight, just following my probably-not-that-good micro plan.

I was watching Sullla's Civ IV youtube video and I realized (when he realized) that Immortals get defensive bonuses. At least our defensive situation won't be that bad if we don't get copper.

Yeah, I realized that when Lewwyn gifted us one in 29 and we could fortify it. lol

ALL HAIL NOVICE, KING OF CIV!

Copper! Copper! Copper! That's a good place to build the Colossus, if we nail The Oracle. Chops + copper + mines.

Overview before ending turn. I'm following my microplan, not sure if it's any good.

The other warrior is also exploring. I think I'll pillage that workshop, since I'm already near it.

Remember to pillage your city too. wink

Nice. Where's your next city going?
I have to run.

(June 23rd, 2013, 05:15)novice Wrote: Nice. Where's your next city going?

My micro plan was to get a city on the jungle tile to the east next. Then a city on the Moai site (settler coming from RebelProphecy). Finally, a fifth city by the sheep and copper.

I wonder if it's too risky to stay so long without copper. I could build some immortals, they defend better than chariots at least.

EDIT: No religions or wonders so far, by the way.

You could settle your next city N-NW of the copper.
I have to run.

By the way, I'm not updating because the last save I received was before the weekend, the one where we found copper.

I agree that the city you suggest may end up being better. It expands in a more contested region, grabs more resources and secures us copper.

Serdoa's scout was messing around near the intended copper city. I moved my warriors to try and trap him. There's only two tiles where he can go to avoid both my warriors (1SW and 2SW). I moved my warrior to the hill tile - not the forest tile 1E, which would cover the 1SW movement - to keep it hidden from Serdoa, if he moves 1SW first next turn. So, if he decides to enter my lands, I can whack him with my warrior.

Someone founded Hinduism. My bet is that it was Seven. I hope that by going for Hinduism rather than Buddhism, Seven shows that he's not interested in The Oracle. I'm not that interested in getting Buddhism, but I really want the Oracle. By the way, no stonehenge yet, so I guess Thoth is playing the "everyone expect me to do it fast, so I won't" card. He should be aware that both Serdoa and Krill really like Stonehenge.

My other warrior found sheeo near the Ivory, which makes a city down there pretty good. I'm considering moving the warrior 1SW on the next turn and 1SE after that, before backing up to the city. I think I'm going to send the warrior currently in RP to pillage the village next turn, even if that'll leave the city empty (I need the gold). But I just realized I have to pillage that workshop too... Anyone knows how much gold I get by pillaging a WS?

I think the copper city proposed by Novice works fine. The eastern city could be settle 1SE of the Oasis, grabbing corn and the northern cows + loads of river tiles. Here's a picture of that land so people can see it.

And here's the region close to the copper. Serdoa is very close to the south of this picture (his Capital is SE), so that Cow + fish spot could be difficult to get. A city 1E or 2E of the sheep could be very good with a lighthouse, seeing as there are a lot of lakes. Those will be wasted by a city 1E1NE of the sheep, but the short term benefits of that city probably win over the long term ones of the other spots. Besides, copper city as my third city makes it easier for me to settle the fish + cow spot ahead of Serdoa.

Overview shot: