As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

(July 12th, 2013, 10:12)scooter Wrote: So I haven't followed this thread in awhile, so if this has been discussed at length I'll settle for a tl;dr version. Can we get the Astro bulb option unblocked by any chance?

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...#pid383489

(June 17th, 2013, 13:03)Krill Wrote: Looking through the bulb list Pin, I think that CoL in addition to Calendar and Optics which are the original prerequisites is the best bet, as you suggested.

In addition to no longer requiring Paper (and Paper only needing MC as a mandatory prerequisite, down from MC, Lit, CoL).
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

France with Cre is pretty nice now, but that's fine. I feel like the later your UB/UU come, the stronger they can be.

Also, they need Rifling...can we get at least something more for Cossacks? Maybe start with Pinch? (which is easy to get, so not as good as say the Redcoat additonal boost. Flanking 1 maybe?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Leave that one up for discussion, good to remember Russia. I think the problem with potential buffs to Cossack is that it only has 2 counters: cannons in stack combat and rifles if a single unit. Giving it pinch I think means that it might not have any counters IIRC, and it will shred through more backwards civs.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Quote:Byzantium: Cataphracts are 11 strength.
Khmer: Ballista Elephants are 8 str, +50% vs. Mounted units, +25% vs. Knights, and still target Mounteds outside of a city (this buff was to make them better than regular WE against their nemesis, Knights).
Sumeria: Vultures now get +30% vs. Melee.
Persia: Immortal is now a S5 spear replacement.
France: Salon +1 free spec, -1 artist.

OK, potential reversions alterations and thoughts on these civs. Persia I'll probably revert the UU because of the amount of moaning Commodore does. Sumeria as well, drop the %age bonus back to 25%. Only got increased because people thought it was bad...

France obviously being discussed.

Khmer, UU being nerfed along with base WE so it is same as WE (S7) but targets mounted first outside cities.

Question RE: Byz though. It has the same junk starting techs as India, Myst and Wheel, but the UU is now only 11 strength knight, and the UB is a theatre with no artist slots and more happy from the culture slider and horse. Are the starting techs so weak that they need altering? After all, India has the fast worker to rely on but Byz has nothing for over 100 turns.

Remove 'phracts vulnerability to first strikes, at least.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Inline with knights? Yeah, that makes sense.

RB mod 2.0.3.1. Download Here. Please check for bugs. Not final version.

Expansive: Now +100% production of Markets, Aqueducts in addition to +100% production of Grocers, Harbours, and +35% production of workers and work boats.
To do: To make city tiles that produce 1hpt to instead produce 2hpt

Creative: Now +100% production of Observatories, in addition to +100% production of Theatres, Colluseum and +2 culture per city

Aggressive: Now +100% production of Stables, in addition to +100% production of barracks, Drydocks
To do: Add -25% city maintenance via DLL

Arabia: Starting technology are now Mysticism, Agriculture, changed from Mysticism, The Wheel

Sumeria: Vulture UU reverted to base BtS values

Carthage: Numidian Cavalry given +20% withdrawal chance, in line with base HA unit (bug fix).

Khmer: Ballistaphant reduced to strength 7, targets mounted units first, no longer gains bonus against knights

War Elephant: no longer gains bonus against knights

Byzantine: Cataphracts are first strike immune (in line with base knight unit).

Persia: Immortal reverted to original BtS 3.19.

Kublai Khan: Leader traits are now Charismatic, Creative, changed from Aggressive, Creative

Cristo Redentor: -50% Anarchy, +100% production by SPI leaders

Technology: Renessaince era technology prices reduced to a percentage of base BtS tech cost as follows:

• Education: +25%
  • PP: +25%
  • Nationalism: +25%
  • Gunpowder: +25%
  • Astronomy: +25%
  • Economics: +50%
  • Liberalism: +50%
  • Replaceable Parts: +50%
  • Military Tradition: +50%
  • Constitution: +50%
  • Chemistry: +50%
  • Democracy: +75%
  • Rifling: +75%
  • Corporation: +75%
  • Military Science: +75%
  • Steel: +75%
  • Steam Power: +75%
  • Artillery: +100%
  • Assembly Line: +100%
  • Scientific Method: +100%
  • Railroad: +100%

Paper: requires Metal Casting as mandatory prerequisite. No longer requires Literature or Code of Laws

Astronomy: requires Code of Laws as mandatory prerequisite in addition to Calendar and Optics. no longer requires Paper.

Known tech bonus: decreased to 25

Writing, Paper, Corporation, Scientific Method, Steam Power, Electricity: Enable map trading.

ICBM: Cost lowered to 450 hammers (see OP for further details)
Tac nuke: Cost lowered to 200 hammers (see OP for further details)
Guided Missile: cost lowered to 50 hammers (see OP for further details)

To do list:

To do: [NEW][EXP] To make city tiles that produce 1hpt to instead produce 2hpt (T-hawk aware)
To do: [NEW][AGG] Add -25% city maintenance via DLL (T-hawk aware)
To do: [FIX] Trade routes (Seven?)
To do: [FIX] Known tech bonus in NTT games (T-hawk aware)
To do: Change known tech bonus increase tag from Tech trading to Map trading (T-hawk) (ie if you have Writing you have a max known tech bonus of 25, if you have Paper and Writing you have a known tech bonus of 50).

Is that right? EXP is getting markets and 2h plants?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Yes. Note I'm taking that idea forward following Oxy and Seven discussing it. It is not a striaght +1hpt to EXP city centres: settling on a plains hill should not trigger it. It should only work so long as the capital makes only 1hpt: still, settling on banana or sugar should be pretty good.

(July 12th, 2013, 15:11)Krill Wrote: Yes. Note I'm taking that idea forward following Oxy and Seven discussing it. It is not a striaght +1hpt to EXP city centres: settling on a plains hill should not trigger it. It should only work so long as the capital makes only 1hpt: still, settling on banana or sugar should be pretty good.

Why not rule out the banana/sugar case? IE grant +1hpt iff the capitol is +3fh. See the bonus as a hedge against risk rather than a lottery.