As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

3 hammer plants exist for everyone for a 2/3/1 start. Why should EXP be penalised for settling on a resource and getting a 3/2/1 start?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

And a 3f plant involves giving up a resource.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Waitwait. You mean EXP gets 2 hammer plants on the CAPITAL only right? Or do you literally mean every single city planted by an EXP leader on a 1 hammer tile becomes 2 hammer?

The latter, though I understand there are arguments for and against capital only and every city.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Why not keep it simple? Is the current Expansive really so bad you need this above markets?

According to Seven, yes, EXP and AGG are junk.

You're right; I forgot 35% bonus to workers which would make plains hill bonus the special case.
My logic was 2/3/1=3/2/1 and 0/6/1=1/5/1 so why draw the distinction. Sorry.

And we're beliving Seven like he has the only wisdom? It might have been junk, but now after you've already added Aqueducts and Markets you put up yet another boost. I can't help feeling this is getting overboard.

(July 12th, 2013, 15:44)plako Wrote: And we're beliving Seven like he has the only wisdom? It might have been junk, but now after you've already added Aqueducts and Markets you put up yet another boost. I can't help feeling this is getting overboard.

I think it's far to say that EXP in PB8 and PB5 fell off pretty quickly, and the starting strength of the trait at T0 wasn't that strong. The main disagreement between players was how useful the trait was when used in different strategies. But as you say, perhaps Aqueducts, Markets and hammers in cities is too much, if not from the PoV of power but from bloat.

Well, if I try to quantify what those additions do for the trait, it's easy to conclude Aqueducts are still junk and basically are added for flavour. They don't have to be added if that helps cut down on bloat.

So now Aggressive Zulu (with ikhanda almost) and HRE (with Rathaus) don't pay city maintenance? crazyeye