As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

(July 12th, 2013, 10:09)Krill Wrote: I'm thinking of removing the coutner espionage mission of just doubling hte base costs for every single espionage mission. That would remove the problem of the counter espionage mission being broken in sequential order games as well. Ideally I'd also like to remove some of the stuff like religion making missions cheaper but I don't know where to do that.

I like the idea of removing the need for Counter espionage mission. However it makes many of the missions pretty expensive so might as well keep all the discounts.

Not like it makes much difference when you consider State Property and a court house means you pay at most 3gpt per city anyway.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 12th, 2013, 16:59)plako Wrote:
(July 12th, 2013, 10:09)Krill Wrote: I'm thinking of removing the coutner espionage mission of just doubling hte base costs for every single espionage mission. That would remove the problem of the counter espionage mission being broken in sequential order games as well. Ideally I'd also like to remove some of the stuff like religion making missions cheaper but I don't know where to do that.

I like the idea of removing the need for Counter espionage mission. However it makes many of the missions pretty expensive so might as well keep all the discounts.

I'm just mindful that it places additional advantages to those that found religions.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 12th, 2013, 17:00)Krill Wrote: Not like it makes much difference when you consider State Property and a court house means you pay at most 3gpt per city anyway.

You mean AT LEAST 3 gpt per city - 6 from the Number of Cities and some more from the Distance halved by a courthouse?

(July 12th, 2013, 17:01)Krill Wrote: I'm just mindful that it places additional advantages to those that found religions.

That is indeed quite bad reason to have better modifiers. I would then make missions 80% more expensive (not 100%) and remove the link to religion. This was something I took a look earlier in the code and should be very easy to do.

(July 12th, 2013, 17:19)flugauto Wrote:
(July 12th, 2013, 17:00)Krill Wrote: Not like it makes much difference when you consider State Property and a court house means you pay at most 3gpt per city anyway.

You mean AT LEAST 3 gpt per city - 6 from the Number of Cities and some more from the Distance halved by a courthouse?

SP removes distance maintenance, right? Or am I misremembering? If distance maintenance is 0, and the max number of cities maintenance is 6, then with a court house the most it can be is 3gpt per city, right?

(July 12th, 2013, 17:21)plako Wrote:
(July 12th, 2013, 17:01)Krill Wrote: I'm just mindful that it places additional advantages to those that found religions.

That is indeed quite bad reason to have better modifiers. I would then make missions 80% more expensive (not 100%) and remove the link to religion. This was something I took a look earlier in the code and should be very easy to do.

What about tech stealing though? Would that 80% increase be enough for that, or would that require an additional increase, considering no counter espionage mission?

(July 12th, 2013, 17:28)Krill Wrote:
(July 12th, 2013, 17:19)flugauto Wrote:

SP removes distance maintenance, right? Or am I misremembering? If distance maintenance is 0, and the max number of cities maintenance is 6, then with a court house the most it can be is 3gpt per city, right?

State Property? It's the endgame civic, and you put it as a mandatory element for the whole game. Anyway, this mod has some serious experimentation going on, lets see what this aggressive turns out to be. popcorn

(July 12th, 2013, 15:55)Krill Wrote:
(July 12th, 2013, 15:44)plako Wrote: And we're beliving Seven like he has the only wisdom? It might have been junk, but now after you've already added Aqueducts and Markets you put up yet another boost. I can't help feeling this is getting overboard.

I think it's far to say that EXP in PB8 and PB5 fell off pretty quickly, and the starting strength of the trait at T0 wasn't that strong. The main disagreement between players was how useful the trait was when used in different strategies. But as you say, perhaps Aqueducts, Markets and hammers in cities is too much, if not from the PoV of power but from bloat.

Yes Expansive sucked in this past version, and adding cheap markets and powering up the worker boost helps, but adding a hammer to most cities in addition to those changes really feels like overkill to me. Not crazy about that at.

I decided to download VS2010 express edition (older free versions seem to have disappeared from internet) so I took a look at current Rbmod. Not sure yet if I'm capable to make working dlls, but I noticed that change log has missed this change T-Hawk has made to CvMap.cpp:
For a toroidal map, return max plot distance as if it is cylindrical. For purpose of city maintenance costs only (called from CvCity::calculateDistanceMaintenanceTimes100)

Not sure if the code works, but it is added there with above comment.

This seems to be evaluation version. does anybody know about free versions of studio or how much this actually costs, if I want to buy it?