As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

I think you should name the worst possible city after my ex-wife.

Oh, the Capital is already taken? frown

wink
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

(July 12th, 2013, 11:23)Gaspar Wrote: I think you should name the worst possible city after my ex-wife.

Oh, the Capital is already taken? frown

wink

Well played, sir. Well played.

Pindicator and I were going to name that horrible horse city location in 45 after Commodore but we never got around to founding it. lol

All right, so I'm sending the Pamela warrior north to defog the northwest corner to make sure that we don't orphan any seafood by planting as depicted (which is an awesome city location with sheep, deer, gold and horse). If there is surprisingly seafood in the ocean there then we'll plant 1SE instead I think, leaving a deer/seafood location for later. I expect we'll get the settler out of Pamela at size 4, need to stop whipping without granaries soon though.

Played turn 60.

[Image: overview60.jpg]

No seafood, but there is another island. Started putting a few hammers into the Pyramids in the capital because we'll want to overflow into a granary after the worker whip. I don't think we'll actually try to build the Pyramids there though - Steffi, Pamela or the gold city are all better possibilities.

[Image: demos60.jpg]

OMG GOOD DEMOS! We're teching Pottery with two prereqs of course.

(July 13th, 2013, 14:33)NobleHelium Wrote: OMG GOOD DEMOS! We're teching Pottery with two prereqs of course.

Besides the GNP I like the numbers. Having 50% more hammers than the next best while also being top in crop-yield looks good to me.

Okay, played turns 61 and 62. Last turn we were working a 1/0/3 coast in Steffi which was embarrassing so I chose not to report. lol In all seriousness, that lets us finish Pottery this turn as well as grow in Pamela.

[Image: overview62a.jpg?raw=1]

I've outlined our gold settling plan as you can see, it should be correct. We'll need three turns to put hammers into the settler (at 15hpt), and then 2-pop whip. The new worker from Steffi moved north this turn and will help leapfrog road to the new city location so that we only need one turn of movement to get there. If there is seafood then we can chop the forest instead of roading it, probably. Steffi is also going to do a work boat so that we can scout northward in addition to westward in the south. Maybe we'll get circumnavigation, who knows? There won't be early map trades in this game. wink

Also, the stupid C2 barb warrior (that got its promotions killing our earlier warrior at 10% odds) suicided into our warrior in the forest finally. It didn't do that on the prior turn.

[Image: overview62b.jpg?raw=1]

Shifting warriors southward to scout, ran into another barb. Hopefully he'll impale himself too. We start a cottage next turn south of the capital.

[Image: demos62.jpg?raw=1]

I just noticed that Ana Paula actually does not have a trade connection. banghead Major whoops there. So maybe we'll build a road south of the capital next turn first before starting the cottage.

So, about tech. I think we definitely want Mathematics ASAP because we have a lot of forests and stone that can convert those forests into wonders. lol (That includes Moai, but we don't have a good location for it yet.) The other choice is Judaism which I think we have a good chance of getting if we head there now (I doubt anyone else has Masonry and only one person has Polytheism, presumably), but I think Mathematics is the better choice.

The other alternative is to go for the Oracle of course, but that doesn't look appealing to me. We can get Priesthood when we're actually going to build ziggurats.

Well, Oracle would be a 7-turn build (with max mines) with two pre-Math chops at Steffi. That comes out to at least a t80 Oracle I think which is awfully slow by PBEM standards.