As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 13 Settings Discussion

I'll just state that outright before we get any further in this game: If we agree to reloads because of misclicks I'll withdraw from this game. I certainly can spend my time better then waiting for the drama to happen once the first wars start.

I'm not proposing we reload mislicks as a matter of course, and surely everyone can understand that requesting reloads without proper demonstable grounds in or even around a war is just going to ruin the game, not help you win it.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

This is hopefully pretty casual game. I don't care if someone gets some minor benefit from a reload that someone else wouldn't even bother to ask. Don't be a jerk is by far the best rule also here.

I prefer "No reloads due to player mistakes."
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

(July 17th, 2013, 09:29)scooter Wrote:
(July 17th, 2013, 09:21)WilliamLP Wrote: Can we vote on reloads for misclicks? I'm a very strong "NO" on this, in almost all circumstances other than something as extreme as converting to AI. Even then, I think it might even be reasonable to have to live with the single AI turn of moves.

I really don't to devolve into a game where we need a rule for every single edge case. For reloads, I think we can just keep the PB5/PB8 "don't be a jerk about things" rule which should cover reloads. Misclicked and lost a worker turn? Don't ask for a reload, that's crazy. Accidentally convert yourself to AI severely impacting the game? That's significant, so I don't see a problem with that so long as it doesn't significantly impact spoiler knowledge or combat. Anything in between, just don't be dumb, and feel free to ask the lurkers if they think a reload is justified.

I agree with Scooter. There's no need for a rule on this other than "don't be a jerk." That rule worked in pb5 and pb8 just fine. I know there have been a lot in pb12, but this player set is closer to pb8. we had *one* reload in pb8, that I can remember, and that was due to commodore accidently turning his civ over to AI in the middle of a contentious war. I'm not the least bit worried about this being a problem. (note: I made plenty of small errors and never considered asking for a reload. I'm sure the other teams did too).
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(July 17th, 2013, 06:25)plako Wrote:
(July 17th, 2013, 05:01)Fintourist Wrote: Thanks Krill for the RB-Mod summary. One quick question: Did I interpret that correctly that "steal tech"-missions have a doubled cost compared to the original BtS costs?

Based on Krill's description yes (haven't tested anything yet). This combined with removing the religious discount removals makes tech stealing pretty expensive.

hmm, I didn't realize that. seems like a mistake to me, not like an espionage economy is so broken people are always running it.

oh well smile.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Also just everyone knows, the final changelog for the version of RB Mod we'll use (barrign any game brekaing bugs appearing) is in the first post of this thread, as well as a link to download the mod. I would stress that especially if you haven't downloaded any previous versions of the mod before, that you go ahead an do so and make sure it's working NOW to prevent issues when the game is ready to start.

Also thanks again to Krill, SevenSpirits, and T-Hawk for putting in time to get it up and running in time for this game.

In regards to the replay issue, people seem to be trending towards only if it's a bug or technical error, not for accidental moves and the like; if it'd help if I moderated any reload requests to deem them acceptable or not to aim for consistency across the board I would be fine to do that.

Also, something that will go a long way in helping the game move smoothly is if you see the timer running down and people haven't played yet then please pause the game for them.  At the same time everybody should try to play their turns timely so there are no pauses; but between turn splits in wars and real life sometimes intervening stuff can happen.  Ultimately the pause is going to be faster than having to deal with a reload, and people will feel better about playing the game if they know everybody wants them to have a fair shot regardless of a little inconvenience on the turn timer.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(July 17th, 2013, 10:37)plako Wrote: This is hopefully pretty casual game. I don't care if someone gets some minor benefit from a reload that someone else wouldn't even bother to ask. Don't be a jerk is by far the best rule also here.

(July 17th, 2013, 11:23)pindicator Wrote: Also, something that will go a long way in helping the game move smoothly is if you see the timer running down and people haven't played yet then please pause the game for them.  At the same time everybody should try to play their turns timely so there are no pauses; but between turn splits in wars and real life sometimes intervening stuff can happen.  Ultimately the pause is going to be faster than having to deal with a reload, and people will feel better about playing the game if they know everybody wants them to have a fair shot regardless of a little inconvenience on the turn timer.

Fully agree with these 2 posts
I don't need to say anything, everything is already said smile