As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(July 30th, 2013, 17:34)Krill Wrote: Commodore, you suck at scouting.
Noted; ought to have gone N, NE

I've avoided going south to hopefully avoid making contact with the Vikings.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I think we will fight the Vikings ...
Yeah, I'm not happy about my past behaviour either. shakehead

(July 31st, 2013, 06:15)Kurumi Wrote: I think we will fight the Vikings ...

lol

Okay, here's the land around me. Looks like a north-running fat peninsula, hopefully with coasts full of seafood, because we got a wet corn and nuthin' else on dry land. Given Brick's promise to not hyper-isolate anyone, and the stark crowding that comes from 18 players, I expect very close overseas players to the west and east. Fair enough.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG]

Scores and demos show Jowy, Azza, and Ichabod all have grown thus far; we'll be following a size 2 the turn after next. Bronze Working done, we'll use our lovely Fincoast Food to go either Wheel to speed axe/spear towards the Vikings, or Hunting to head towards AH and horses if we're copperless. Given above's stark lack of food, I'd hope we should see horses and copper and iron all in the neighborhood. I shan't further analyze this screen.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG]

4t to see if my Turn Two Tilt can bear fruit early.

Bah! I am certain this thread is more interesting that Lewger Bigwyn's. We need more posts, we're close! Here's a new contest: Where will copper appear when BW is done?

(July 31st, 2013, 15:54)Commodore Wrote: Bah! I am certain this thread is more interesting that Lewger Bigwyn's. We need more posts, we're close! Here's a new contest: Where will copper appear when BW is done?

Given that Brick's a bastard....offshore. Not even on an island - you'll need to invent SCUBA workers.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I didn't even know you could put copper on coast or ocean tiles.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 31st, 2013, 16:03)Krill Wrote: I didn't even know you could put copper on coast or ocean tiles.
You can, but it's just a +1h forever. Same with forested coast, that classic mapmaker mistake. Maybe if you can figure out how to put a settler on a trireme ([Image: Civ1_Trireme_win.png]), you can mine it Civ1 style...

plains tile 3s1e of corn, at the south tip of Squiggle Lake.

(July 31st, 2013, 16:21)Ceiliazul Wrote: plains tile 3s1e of corn, at the south tip of Squiggle Lake.
If I had that, I'd take it. Floodplain and a couple riverside grass for farms, dry grass for cottages all over, Finlake. In a situation where I can reasonably settle on the copper I'll whip a quick Imp settler and move a warrior with it, upgrading the turn I settle on the metal.