As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

(July 28th, 2013, 14:06)Gaspar Wrote:
(July 28th, 2013, 13:36)NobleHelium Wrote: Also, are you on Gchat? Cyneheard gave me your pbem address and I invited it to chat, but you might not be using it anymore.

Don't do it! That's how he takes your soul.

OH, NO! HE KNOWS MY GCHAT AS WELL!!!

(July 29th, 2013, 07:06)Serdoa Wrote: Oh, and completely different topic:

Civstats shows that Nakor/CFCJesterFool had a score decrease while logged out while at the same time Gavagai had a score-increase. Guess that means he took a city from him. Not that we can do anything about it, but something to keep in mind as he still leads by 10 points (though I think we have so many water-tiles in our borders that we probably would have highest score if we substracted land-points from it).

Looks like the face punching was rather early this game. wink

Before settling Moai-spot:

29 beakers, -18 gold at 100%

After settling:

40 beakers, -20 gold at 100%

jive

I was using our 12 gpt as a proxy for our breakeven bpt. The two are one and the same when you have no multipliers. Right now we're at 1 gpt / 20 bpt at 50% and 21 gpt at 0%, which is definitely a vast improvement over our previous 12 gpt. My general rule is...if your bpt is the same as the beginning of the game (~10 bpt), your economy is crashing. wink

Too late now, but we actually should have just whipped the granary in Doris this turn and saved the forest. I'm pretty sure we'd have regrown back to size 2 by the time we can actually camp the deer. Plus we would have camped the deer a turn earlier.

We finally had another turn to play, hooray...

I've whipped the vulture in Ana Paula (16 turns whip unhappy now) to deal with it. It will reach our newly founded city a turn late but we have 2 warriors there, so even if the barb axe goes directly for the city (likely unfortunately) we should be save. Probably something better could have been done but it is again too hot for me to think.

(August 2nd, 2013, 09:43)Serdoa Wrote: Probably something better could have been done but it is again too hot for me to think.

It's winter here and the temperature reached around ~32°C. lol That's why I suck at civ.

lol But in all honesty, how do you stand that? I even had several times today issues to breath because the air itself was so hot and dry. Sitting in front of my computer was a pain, especially as it sits directly next to a window that only has inside curtains (red) which actually do get quite hot.

(August 2nd, 2013, 14:58)Serdoa Wrote: lol But in all honesty, how do you stand that? I even had several times today issues to breath because the air itself was so hot and dry. Sitting in front of my computer was a pain, especially as it sits directly next to a window that only has inside curtains (red) which actually do get quite hot.

its at least 20 degrees hotter (Farenheit) here than where you are at all times. I have no pity.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(August 2nd, 2013, 14:58)Serdoa Wrote: lol But in all honesty, how do you stand that? I even had several times today issues to breath because the air itself was so hot and dry. Sitting in front of my computer was a pain, especially as it sits directly next to a window that only has inside curtains (red) which actually do get quite hot.

Well, the climate here is not so dry. I traveled once to Brasilia (Brazil's capital), which is in the middle of a very dry area. The city was hot and incredibly dry, to the point where standing near a fountain of water made an incredible difference. That was very hard to stand.

The city where I live is the hottest in my state. Summer temperatures always reach near or even over 40°C. So, everything is kind of built to support that, when possible - big windows, bright colors, heavy curtains are very rarely used. Even then, sometimes is almost unbereable when you have to think under such circumnstances. Luckily, we have air-conditioning where I work and where I live, so things become more manageable.

The college I went to used a very old and historical building for their Law School, that wasn't anything close to practical. Some of the classrooms received straight sunlight during the mornings, which was a big annoyance. Then, they put some heavy, dark curtains on the windows to stop the sunlight from messing up with the class. But, man, it became so, so, so hot there - it pains me to remember it. The only thing we had to cool a bit were fans, that didn't help much - and the girls in the class were always complaining that the fans messed up with their hairs, so they had to be turned off or turned to face in a direction not straight to the students rant.

Rough times...

(August 2nd, 2013, 15:30)Ichabod Wrote: The only thing we had to cool a bit were fans, that didn't help much - and the girls in the class were always complaining that the fans messed up with their hairs, so they had to be turned off or turned to face in a direction not straight to the students rant.

Rough times...

lol