As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Well, that was not an oversight Noble, that was simply me valuing getting Mids faster higher than having a worker in place for the new city. And there is a worker on its way already as well (we don't need the road at the ivory right now, as we won't have peace with Jowy within the next turn and after that one of our workers from Mids can do it).

Settling spot: South of Deer most likely. I want to see what the scouting workboat tells us, so we know if a port-city would be helpful or not.

I didn't mean that it's an oversight, but usually in that case I would just build another worker first.

Well, thing is, we actually do have quite a few of those with not much to do right now. We need some for the new cities and to chop HG, but we have 8 with a 9th being built. We will leave 1 down south for cottages. All others go north with 4 necessary to chop HG out, the others all just having to improve up there. Another worker really wouldn't help much imo, but we do need more settlers so HG has a bigger effect.

On another note, we will settle city 9 shortly with 10 and 11 being possible in a few turns if we whip the settlers in production. I'd like to do that, maybe get one on the island south (with the fish there it is at least an ok 2nd island city, just for the TRs) and the other one on the nearest fish-spot east from the HG-city. With the pop from HG we should regrow quickly what we lose from the whips.

Yeah whipping settlers is good, I wish we could finish scouting the island first but we probably want to plant there regardless even if there isn't food in the first ring. Can you post some screenshots? I see you're in the game now.

We didn't lose the Pyramids I hope.

No, its only 15 points. I think he researched a classical era tech and simply got ~14 points for that. +1 for pop growth (1 pop is around 1 point IIRC) and that's already it. Or he got only 7 or 8 points for a tech and set all his cities to grow on the same turn. But probably the former.

Honestly, I think we are doing good. Not great, but we had not that much land to work with nor a high happy cap, so I'm actually quite happy. Gavagai got imo Oracle + Shrine + tech from the Oracle while we only have SH right now. So that's at least ~30 points more than us just for that. Plus I think he was the one in a war with Nakor I mentioned several weeks ago and he took cities. Which does in turn help his research with capture gold. Depending on what Nakor does he might become either or strongest competitor or he'll simply implode as soon as he can't take more cities and his armies go to waste.

Btw: I marked some locations in the north with "Alt. City". Please take a look and let me know what you think. I did put in one more city than you did (1E of the copper) though obviously that makes it more of a filler city, that just works 9 cottages and a scientist for the rest of the game.

It could just be land points. Nakor definitely lost a city to him but I'm not sure it was more than one. Anyway as long as we get the Mids we'll be in good shape, I'm not concerned about other people at this point.

I looked at your city locations. I'm not really convinced that the additional overlap from the extra city is helpful (I basically considered the southern locations myself), but I don't feel strongly about it. The main thing is that the first rings are very weak in the southern locations now, but if we found them in a sensible order such that they can borrow second ring tiles claimed by previous cities, it should be all right. I do like the fact that your city set redeems a tundra tile, but I really don't like how much ocean the northeastern city gets. How about we use your city locations except my northeast location? I've marked the alternative set as A1...A5 in the game, in the founding order that I recommend. The last two cities can be founded in either order.

Also, I think we should be whipping the work boat at Katharina THIS turn, so that we can work the clam at Heidi sooner rather than later. Food at one city is still stronger than a cottage at another city. Plus we can revolt to Representation while the work boat is moving. Although if you're revolting on t97 after the settler whips as it looks like, we can whip next turn as well.

I think we overflow into GWall failgold in the cap and a work boat (for the new island city) in Steffi.

Oh and Jowy's cap is...miles better than ours. lol He's going to have a riverside town in 10t.

Well, it's clear that Nakor/Jester are still at war with Gavagai. Gavagai is second in the turn split.

Fine with the locations. But I think we need to settle A3 before A2. Reason being that we finish HG on T100 (if no one snags it first) and this is the only location aside A5 next to the copper that can be reached in time. We could instead finish HG on T99 already, but I would need to whip Pamelas worker this turn, start a worker in Steffi this turn and whip it next turn and we would have 2 less cities settled as well. Don't think that makes much sense, especially considering that it costs us 250 hammers to build the thing and with 9 cities we would get only 270 hammers out of it in pop.