As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Yeah, that's okay. We could also chop the A2 forest before settling the city later. Do you agree with the other stuff (work boat whip, island city settling plan)? We can pick up the Katharina cottage with Ana Paula next turn anyway.

Thinking about GP plans medium term and also a new location for our capital. I was hoping to place it along the river in the jungle but with how the sugars are laid out there isn't really a great spot for it. I've put in a couple location sets. The C1 location is the strongest jungle capital location, but it orphans the riverside grassland 2SW of Heidi and C2 is only viable if there's undiscovered seafood in the area (else we have to move it and orphan more grassland). B1 gets five riverside grass but one sugar tile is just plain too weak foodwise for a capital. (We could farm of course but that would defeat the purpose of having the riverside tiles.) B3 is a good location but it only catches two riverside grass and is much slower than the obvious alternative - Heidi itself. Heidi has only one riverside plains but it's got two 5f resources and a good nine grassland tiles, and can start building the new Palace pretty much immediately (not that we want to complete it yet since we're not in Bureaucracy). So yes, I think Heidi should become our new capital.

This ties into the medium term GP plan, of which I think there are two obvious choices. One is up north at Doris, where we'll have HG points, a library already built and 4f surplus for two scientists, and we can easily build the GWall there as well. So I think we build the GWall after the HG and then run two scientists and roll the dice. An Engineer would likely be a wonder, a Spy can be a GA, and a Scientist could be an academy at Heidi or a GA if we decide on a jungle capital location. Alternatively if Heidi is not to be the new capital, we could build a library there (and GWall) and run scientists. There's more food surplus available there compared to Doris.

You really should post some screenshots for the lurkers by the way, I'm too lazy. tongue

Still at work, but looking at civstats we got 21 points, so I assume we got Pyramids. Only other possibility would be landpoints and we lost Pyramids, but there is no one having received enough points this turn for a wonder. So:

jive

Or something along those lines wink

Btw: We are first in post-count

And I'll post screenies tomorrow.

Congratz team on a job well done! We wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for the work of all of us! mischief

(August 20th, 2013, 15:43)Ichabod Wrote: Congratz team on a job well done! We wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for the work of all of us! mischief

thanks! gg, did we win now?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Looks like we got punked in the north with those blocking ice floes. If we can't find a path with the work boat we'll need to get a galley up north to land a warrior. The map is cylindrical, so it may not be worthwhile to plant a city there for now if we don't see anything interesting.

I agree. Had hoped to play a turn now but obviously someone paused the game and we are still waiting for Sian to play. He stated it would take at least 9 hours and now 10.5 hours have passed so my guess is that we won't have a turn played before noon (~5 hours from now). IF the pause isn't an issue with trade windows. In that case we probably won't have a turn before tomorrow...

There were supposed to be screenshots...

BaII killed our warrior and offered peace, I cancelled it since I didn't want to lock you into anything. Great Wall built, boo. Looks like it was Sian.

Not in the morning, no way I take screenshots when I'm on my way to work.

As for BaII: Dick move. He gains nothing by that (no, the 1 xp on his axe doesn't count in my books). I could have declared with that warrior when I was on his borders and I would bet that it would have made him whip at least one unit. Killing it now on its way back is just silly imo, he angers me with no gain. Oh well, it's too often in these games that players make completely dumb moves for no reason just because they felt like it. I probably should be more accepting of that, but playing a strategy-game by not using any kind of strategy is kinda dumb in my books.