As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

Yeah, and that's going to be replaced with another bug fix version shortly as well. At that point I'm going to update the changelog.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(September 5th, 2013, 10:26)Krill Wrote: Yeah, and that's going to be replaced with another bug fix version shortly as well. At that point I'm going to update the changelog.

Send me a PM when you do? Or if an admin can switch ownership of the 1st post to Krill.

I, too, beg for a consolidated master list of what's different about this vs BtS. There have been a couple of questions I've had while playing PB13 that are extremely non-obvious when looking through scattered changelogs.

The change log in this post is accurate. Other than the broken Oracle/lib thing and Persia being crocked. AFAICT, anyway.

Any further questions regarding game mechanics or the reason those changes were implemented can be posted in spoiler threads and I will endeavour to answer them.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Ballistaphant should have a note, I think. It's not clear if they're 7 or 8 strength.

7 to confirm, will add that once I've completed PB15 turn reports.

I think it would be misleading to add that explicitly just for Ballista Elephants. After all, "Barracks: increased cost to 60 hammers, +1 culture." applies to Ikhandas too, "The Draft: Rifles now cost 2 pop to draft." applies to Redcoats too, etc. How about just adding a note at the top that all changes to base units/buildings apply to UUs/UBs too?

(September 5th, 2013, 16:19)Krill Wrote: 7 to confirm, will add that once I've completed PB15 turn reports.

I just realised how ambiguous this post is.

I'm not going to clarify it.

(September 5th, 2013, 16:47)SevenSpirits Wrote: I think it would be misleading to add that explicitly just for Ballista Elephants. After all, "Barracks: increased cost to 60 hammers, +1 culture." applies to Ikhandas too, "The Draft: Rifles now cost 2 pop to draft." applies to Redcoats too, etc. How about just adding a note at the top that all changes to base units/buildings apply to UUs/UBs too?

Would it then make sense to put the changes to base units and buildings before the changes to civs and leaders?

The Oracle bug from PB13 is reproducible in single player. Build the Oracle, then reload from the autosave, which is created between the production phase and the popup. You get that same TXT_KEY_CHEATERS_NEVER_PROSPER message (and no free tech.)

I made a fix by backing out the associated code, tested it, and pushed the source to Github. Let me know when you want a new version compiled for distribution.