As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoiler] Azza spoils the party

That's an unwelcome panther.

Due for an update.

Immediate plans in Rose.

Planning to use that settler to claim the horses on my border.

City of Amy, whipped a worker so it can start cottaging up.

2 workers and a settler going south to found another city around my bay. Chose here rather than next to the gold because there's no way to claim the gold with first ring food and coastal for lighthouse. When the borders expand to claim the crabs I'll probably then found on the gold working the wet wheat.

My scout is still having "fun" with Mr. Panther.

Demos are middle of the pack, as expected.

City counts of my known neighbours

Last turn, this happened.

This turn, we spot a settler.

So we whip one ourselves.

Maintaining a similar power level to Lewwyn, which'll hopefully do a better job of not getting me killed than last time I started with him on my doorstep.

Not bothering to heal the scout. Human barbarians are spawning and he'll get roflpwned by any of them full strength or not, so better to just keep rolling while he can.

Lewwyn has settled a fairly vulnerable city. I'm about to settle my horses city next turn, so I have some options for what to do here.

Option 1 - Ignore it, and continue to go about my business. Probably the worst option because it leaves my capital vulnerable to that city.

Option 2 - Settle the tile labelled "possible filler". Would give me cultural control over the area no matter what he did in Bacon!. This would also entail whipping a monument in Amy after the granary (due to be whipped next turn).

Option 3 - Raze Bacon!. This option becomes infeasible if Lewwyn gets a spear in Bacon!. The other problem is there's a Lewwyn warrior sharing the plains hill forest where my warrior is. So for this to work, I need no spear to be 1t of movement out of Bacon!, and no way to whip in a spear (not roaded, not enough hammers for 1pop whip or stuck in first half of timer).

Leaning towards option 3 because the location of Bacon! is quite dangerous for me, as it opens up some threatening possibilities for Lewwyn tactically. I'd rather nip this in the bud before anything like that can eventuate.

Also need more to make sure I keep up my worker forces. I'm pretty sure that's a critical error I've made in past games, not enough workers.

If I'm thinking this through right, the horse city is settled t54, the hill 1S of it will be roaded t55, so horses will be hooked up during t58. Whipping without penalty can therefore occur t59, with war declared on t60 and the city razed t61.

So, what micro if any do I need to do in Amy to make this work.

Amy is currently at 10/24 food, so it'll be 14/22 after whipping next turn. If I understand correctly, it'll have 10 food go into the granary when it reaches size 2 EoT 56. If I whip a monument t57, I'll be 15/22 EoT 57. Put 1 hammer into chariot t58, 20/22 EoT.

Hmm... so I'm 2 food short of whipping both the monument and the chariot for t60 attack. That means don't whip the monument.

If I slow build the monument, how many hammers do I get...

At size 2, Amy makes 6hpt. Currently, it's at 26/60 on the granary, so it'll be 62/60 next turn postwhip, and 3/30 on the monument t55. (it's at this point I think to myself why the hell am I doing all this in my head instead of in a spreadsheet). This isn't civ5, so I don't think production is resolved after growth, so t56 I'll see 9/30 on the monument. 15/30 on t57. 6/30 for chariot on t58, effectively 22/30 in the monument t59.

So, it seems that assuming I've added this up correctly, there's no real benefit to whipping the monument first anyway. It gains about 4 culture but loses a whole pop point.

I was going to do a similar analysis of Rose, but realised I have no idea how worker overflow works with the whole food applying as hammers thing.

If the worker is at, say 58/60 prodction, and you make 6 food and 6 hammers that turn, the worker is completed at 70/60 hammers and overflows 10 production. Food is always turned into hammers, you never increase the food in the food box when you can build a worker or settler (You can grow though, but that's if you slave away pop and that causes you to have a full food box after the slave).
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

How do I take into account the +35% bonus hammers from EXP? My guess is that if it was 56/60, with 6 hammers and 6 food, the first 3 hammers would go into the worker, plus the bonus hammer from exp, and the remaining 9 food hammers are the production overflow? Similarly, if it was 54/60, the first 5 hammers go into the worker, plus the bonus hammer (since they down), with 7 hammers overflow?

If the worker is at 56/60, 6 food, 6 base production, you put (6+[6*1.35]= 14 production into the worker, for 70/60. That 10 overflow is then divided by 1.35, and then rounded down (always rounded down) to the nearest integer to give a base overflow of 7 hammers.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Donna has been founded.

Micro plan. Granary is the most important bit of infra that I'm after, so that gets priority with the exception of the insurance chariot. Not seeing any obvious way to get anything extra out of it.

Also, random irrelevant picture.
[Image: j81o3o.jpg]