As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

And sorry, I guess I need more signs.

All right changed. I also changed Steffi over to the new cottage from the coast and ticked research up to 80% so that we still finish Theology.

Nah I'm not sure it's your fault. I assumed you were planning to send the settler to the jungle but that was a bad assumption. Or maybe the slow game pace just makes it hard to remember things.

It certainly does. I'm not sure how long that last turn took, but I doubt it was 24 hours tbh. And together with being ill that's not really helping to keep me focussed.

Ah crap...we only put 9 hammers into Katharina last turn so the settler is not whippable. bang Never had that happen before. I guess we can delay the revolts two turns? Pamela's work boat will need 2t to complete anyway.

Anyway the religion founded in Ana Paula which is our largest city but no production. We could spread religion to the capital and whip the forge after we get into OR? And build a missionary or two while we regrow before swapping to settlers? I don't know really.

I'll take a look in around 1-2 hours.

I don't like the capital-idea. I don't want to whip it down, I want it to be size 9. We would have to build the forge this turn (T118) and T119 for a total of 59 hammers in it. Then 2 turns revolt T120 + T121. T122 we whip it for 2-pop (75 hammers) + 15 hammers that we put in via production (OR-modifier already accounted for). So a total of 90 hammers + 59 = 149 or 29 overflow. Which gets divided by the then 50% bonus down to 19. .... Hm, wait.

T118: 40/120 - 23/36
T119: 59/120 - 26/36 (take farm from Steffi for that)
T120: Revolt
T121: Revolt
T122: 149/120 - 32/32 (corn +4, farm +2, center +2, iron, ivory -1, ivory -1, cottage) -> regrow to 7
T123: 43/40 missionary - 20/34 (corn +4, center +2, iron, ivory -1, ivory -1, PH -2, cottage, farm +2)
T124: 21/40 - 26/34 (corn +4, farm +2, ivory -1, ivory -1, iron, cottage, lake, center +2)

Ok, yeah... don't need to go further with this. If we don't whip the forge would also only finish on T124. So that might in theory delay the settler only be 1-2 turns. Plus in that time we can get a settler from Pamela instead as it can't start the AP after the workboat without religion. So instead we build the wb T118 + T119, overflow into settler. Should get us 45/100 on T122 into a settler. T123 + T124 we each add 30 to finish it with 105/100 on T124. T125 the missionary from the cap can spread the religion in Pamela and we start the AP. Its not much overflow, so we can mull over if we want to whip a pop or something along those lines. Don't think that would help down the line with the finishing-date though. Anyhow, it should take from T125 till T135 or a total of 11 turns (if we put the citizen from the cottage onto a plains tile [cottaged at that point hopefully] as that will give us 24 base hammers x 1.5 = 36 x 11 = 396/400 and the 5 overflow from the settler will push us over the 400).

Also please take a look at Fernanda. I think we should change it to a Chariot. The Library will take forever in any case and we might need another unit down there. Especially if we attack BaIIs axe next turn. I assume we won't - it will take a turn more.

As for the BaII situation, here is a shot for everyone interested:

As you can see, if he moves northwest he has to fight two vultures. But he can see one of them, so I assume he will instead move northeast. That will show him the other vulture. What we do in that case is move the western vulture 1NE and the northern one 1E. That way if he wants to proceed forward he has to either move onto the jungle tile 1N of the mountain (can be hit with both vultures at that point) or on the hill which has the sign "National Epic?". If he does that, the chariot can hit him together with a vulture. Either way, if he proceeds forward, the axe dies if he doesn't get lucky and wins two fights in a row (what can happen with the vultures).

Sure, swapping Fernanda sounds good. Delaying the AP is okay, but note that Pamela doesn't need the religion in the city to build it - just that we have a religion adopted. So if we're cool with delaying the AP then that's fine with the capital finishing the forge naturally first.

I'm not sure we need to attack the axe with both vultures yet, surely we can get the chariot in a good position to attack? Especially try not to attack over the river. One of our guys is damaged too. He can't kill our vulture with all the jungle around, we just need to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't threaten any workers. Remember we can move on top of him wild we're not at war.

But I WANT to kill him frown

And I think delaying the AP is the better choice. It won't really benefit us all that much right now after all. I mean what do we have that gets the benefit? The AP... that's it. And I'm not even sure if that building itself gets its own bonus.

(September 14th, 2013, 09:55)Serdoa Wrote: But I WANT to kill him frown

And I think delaying the AP is the better choice. It won't really benefit us all that much right now after all. I mean what do we have that gets the benefit? The AP... that's it. And I'm not even sure if that building itself gets its own bonus.

No the AP doesn't get the bonus, only temple, monastery, cathedral and Shrine get the hammers bonus.

Hey, I just Noble this thread neenerneener