As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Well, I think Nakor lost Jester who was doing the whole war-setup (or probably their whole game) and Nakor himself is motivated but lacks experience. Not that Jester is that experienced in wars against humans either, but probably still more than Nakor. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure those are the first to leave the game, depending on how long we need to Guilds of course wink

I would actually argue that Nakor is very experienced against humans in wars, he just hasn't learned anything from the experiences...

Anyway, BaII did take our cease fire offer, surprisingly. He's got two axes and a spear on the sugar now (and retreated the damaged axe which now has a promotion available), so it doesn't look like we can do anything further for now. Our dye trade did get preserved though and I got to see slowcheetah's resources, which are unfortunately more numerous than ours...

Plus copper not visible at the top of the list. Of note, he has no iron right now.

3 gold, gems and silver? Seems he hit the jackpot with the land he has. At least that explains why he is doing so well. Not that I expected he would be terrible...

Moved our units back from the BaII-front and set them up so they can defend everything. We are still fine down there, but he has quite a few units running around (3 axes, 1 spear near Nicole / 2 axes, 1 spear near Renate).

I did set Renate to a Artist this turn. By my calculations that should let us keep the mountain till we have our newly built missionary down there. I think that should not delay us for Iris or at least only a turn. And when we spread Christianity down there we will keep that mountain for the foreseeable future. I think that thing is too important to not try to keep it.

Please check, if you have time, tile distribution etc. As written, I'm a little bit off lately (just the dark weather getting on me btw, nothing grave).

I looked things over, didn't do much. I gave a plains village over to Katharina and had Ana Paula work a coast instead, since I think the food is more valuable there (plus it seems very odd to pause the forge build for a lighthouse only to not work any coast). Next turn we'll be in Bureaucracy so we can swap off the plains mine in Carina. We'll get one turn of Bureaucracy there and then it goes to Iris. (We can probably actually swap off this turn but I didn't feel like doing the math to make sure it works out.) I gave the ivory over to Steffi this turn since it'll be quite a few turns before we can make use of food again there (refilling the food box makes the food deadweight for a while).

Sending the current missionary to Renate sounds good to me. I'm thinking we'll whip a mace in Fernanda as the sign says, do you agree? We could use a few maces to take BaII's western city, since it's rough terrain there so they'll be just as good as knights.

Not sure where we'll want to build barracks and stables...Iris is a good spot but it's also tempting to just get a few knights and then go back to infrastructure. If we're fighting ancient units I'm not sure how much value we'll get out of the promotion(s) anyway.

Knight with two promos gets 50/50 against a spear behind walls, fully fortified on a hill. So that is definitely helpful. And I think in terms of hammers it costs us 1.3 knights IIRC. I think that is worth it, at least in a select few cities.

Carina is probably another city which has enough hammers. Pamela as well. All others rather not I think.

Main issue is that there's so much other stuff to build. lol Pamela is working on the AP and we want a couple settlers and they need to come from somewhere...

I think we will have to whip heavily. But I also think 20 Knights should be enough for a first wave. Maybe we could upgrade HAs? I feel we have much more gold than hammers...

I think we should definitely plan to whip/build at least one knight per city except at Ana Paula and maybe Pamela if it's busy with the AP, yeah. I just don't think there's much if any room for barracks/stables if we're building the knights that way.

HAs -> knights are quite expensive I think...

Oh, also, slowcheetah did offer OB and I declined it when I logged in.