As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

And don't forget the initial speed of the octopus and it's vector! duh And the canadian air! popcorn

If we're playing math question micro, do you have to account for the Coriolis effect while the octopus is in the air or are we assuming the puck strikes the octopus on the ice? I guess that would have some minuscule bearing on the octopus' vector?

No idea what the answer is but flug, didn't your teachers tell you that you have to show your work or the answer doesn't count? neenerneener

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Also, does the ambient air temperature matter at all? I mean, molecules be more densely contracted in colder air, with the air that close to the ice, we're going to have some measurable impact there. What about relative humidity? What's the elevation? Oh, the variables!

And to think, if Flugauto had just rounded his answer off to 10, none of these posts would have been necessary...
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

My first degree is in Physics, we ignore that crap all the time. So we need to assume a spherical octopus...

Honestly, within the given significant figures none of the rest of that stuff matters. And the answer is roughly 58 beer bottle lengths per second.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

They stubbies or pint bottles?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Canadian, so the 11.5oz longneck.

bah.

It should be stubbies.

It was a dark and evil day when the stubby was replaced by the longneck*

* and it's 341 ml. Canada quite sensibly adopted the Metric system over 30 years ago. tongue
fnord

341 ml just doesn't roll off the tongue like a 22 oz. being a Double Deuce. And, what would a forty be in moose beer? I shudder to think...

It's all about managing overflow. Toronto will be building Montreal's settler with this and a chop.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0244.JPG]
Canadians aren't generally thought of as overflowing...
[Image: funny-Canada-different-lemmings.JPG]