As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Definitely, I didn't assign any spies. But I also didn't go over the cities when I logged in. I initially just wanted to see what the scouting shows, but somehow did the worker turns while at it.

Played the turn. Yurimack moved a galley from the north towards the small island we are about to settle. I think the decision to settle there and not on the forward island was the right one. I'm pretty sure he would have sent troops just because.

And we probably have to start thinking about how we wrap up the tech-tree. I would like to clean up Lib asap as enough others got CS by now that it starts to get in danger of falling imo. Economics imo is still save though, IIRC you need Guilds -> Banking for it. With Lib I think we should take Nat. (if we get Lib that is), but that depends a little bit on what GP we get end of next turn.

Well if we think we can get away with it, it would be great to tech Divine Right and then Nationalism and Lib say MilTrad. But really we can't be sure until we tech Alphabet and see people's techs. We do know that cheetah has CS and Philosophy so he's probably closest.

I fear he is racing us for it - and I'm not sure how many GPs he has saved up for it.

Well we could go straight to Lib right after Education and then get PP afterwards. It's true that on a per-tech basis we're even now, and we still need to tech Construction (no chance we can delay that right?). I checked and slowcheetah does not have Paper yet (cannot trade maps).

Anyway I moved most of the scouting units, and it looks like the island city location is clear now.

I think we plant at the City D location since that gets food first ring (we should try to get a work boat out somewhere, maybe overflow into it at Sabine?). If remarkably we find MORE seafood when the vulture moves northeast, then I guess we'll have to move the location 1NE to get both seafood even though that may not have any food first ring. Later we can plant the other location which is more exposed to boating but is fortunately on a hill.

Circumnavigation ETA: 2 turns?

We can delay construction. IIRC it is just 1 Knight that won't be there in time for the first attack.

I did set us to Paper, but please check the best way to reach Lib asap. It seems we can't 1 turn paper. Maybe we can 2 turn paper and 1 turn Alphabet though, getting enough overflow to 1 turn Edu with a bulb afterwards?

Also, if you have the time, could you check if we can sell anyone stuff for money? I'm not sure if resource-deals will be kept after we declare war, but it is 10 turns till then so it should be fine.

A last point: slow doesn't have Alphabet either nor Paper and has a lower GNP than we do. So I guess we still can in theory beat him. A little bit of money would help with that though. Of course we can set Pamela to Wealth if we feel like it, it isn't included in my plans for Knights at all. And Isabella, Ines and Birgit are only included till next turn.

Oh, and I do like your settling plan. I'm in full agreement about it.

Get me on chat?

I fired the spy at Barbara. Easiest way to check for those stupid governor spies (happens a lot with Rep) is to use the F1 screen and sort by espionage.