As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

I think a better plan is to burn everything.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

(October 11th, 2013, 13:53)Dp101 Wrote: I think a better plan is to burn everything.
Your vote has been recorded. wink Find me a place I can do that and I'm all for it.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Oh wait. Yuri logging in for once reminds me, mackoti is playing this one. Yeah no the burning isn't going to be me.

Met someone else! This kind of food-free island leads to India, TBS/Jowy.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0301.JPG]

They are *very* special good friends with the Vikings already, giving them war elephants in trade for the Colossus. Even more, they gave Hinduism to our horny-helmed buddies. It's a love match.
[Image: funny-Canada-different-romance.JPG]

Ah well. We might not be favored in religion spreads or whatever, but we can console ourselves with pretty metals. Baffin's silver mine is online and now roaded, curing the two unhappy faces I grew into this turn in anticipation.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0302.JPG]

Expansion is still needed; with Baffin and soon Ellesmere providing +2g trade routes everywhere, no reason at all to stop. Slightly painful configuration here nets a 2t settler out of the capital with the chop coming in. It'll be going on up to Edmonton, to join with a lovely work boat and grow at a nice brisk clip. The capital is officially past the whipping stage now; and yes, I know, tragic lack of cottages. Addressing that next!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0303.JPG]

The slight bump of that pushes my MFG to #1! It's pretty honest; the capital moves back to a more normal configuration, but the next copper mine comes online. I know Canada is a breadbasket now, but this is a pretty good approximation of Canada's stereotype: Dat MFG!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0304.JPG]

Just realized I'm playing restricted...

Played Restricted?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Victoria was the queen of Canada, right? tongue

TBH, if you were to list the countries, I think she was queen of more than she wasn't.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(October 12th, 2013, 14:53)Krill Wrote: TBH, if you were to list the countries, I think she was queen of more than she wasn't.
Fair enough. nod She was basically the Face of the World, bless her dowdy hide. I thought she was even on the money...
[Image: funny-Canada-different-money.JPG]

I was feeling fairly good about my tech pace, and then I saw that Lewwyn is up Currency and even what comes after it. Honestly, what scares me about this image is less the Confucianism, more all those cottages. Smart Lewwyn has shown up this game, ladies and gentlemen. scared
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0308.JPG]

Sad as my cottage sitch is, though, I do love me some capital hammers. Effortlessly two-turned settler? Check! I'm actually good enough on hammers that I think I'll cottage that last grass hill there. So eight more pop directly, as quickly as we can swing the happy...let's grow all the villages, eh?
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0305.JPG]

On the edges of the empire, the natives are looking alarmed...
[Image: firstcolony.jpg]
Oh wait, nope, it's this one.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0306.JPG]
...and worse, this one.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0307.JPG]

TBS traded his maps; he's looking definitely killable around mace or knight time, if Dtay doesn't eat him first. In other notes, I think I found a place for marble, if Dtay is feeling trady. shhh
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0309.JPG]

Also of rather more pressing interest, I think the Vikings are going to be expanding westward overseas; that's a beautiful spot. Actually, I'll bet their latest city was already settled there, GNP spiked a bit.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0310.JPG]

Interesting times!

(October 13th, 2013, 18:10)Commodore Wrote: Also of rather more pressing interest, I think the Vikings are going to be expanding westward overseas; that's a beautiful spot. Actually, I'll bet their latest city was already settled there, GNP spiked a bit.

Sure looks east to me - unless you intended a different screenie here?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(October 13th, 2013, 18:54)Mardoc Wrote:
(October 13th, 2013, 18:10)Commodore Wrote: Also of rather more pressing interest, I think the Vikings are going to be expanding westward overseas; that's a beautiful spot. Actually, I'll bet their latest city was already settled there, GNP spiked a bit.

Sure looks east to me - unless you intended a different screenie here?

I'm eastwestxic; a common problem around here.