As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Ok, so I think we will do the bulb next turn before I whip stuff. That's 6 additional pop. I'm pretty certain that's more than what we will have in any of the next 3 turns as we will whip away 6 pop in the south, another 2 in the north, 2 in Iris... yeah, quite a few. Most will regrow quickly but not before we want to research.

Also I think we need to get a worker or two over to Iris and workshop both plains tiles. Not really great tiles to work but at size 16 we can work them + the hill + an engineer (11 hammers) + center + 12 Moai-tiles for a total of 24 hammers. With Org., Forge and Capitol that gives 48 hpt. 14 turns for Taj if we get 28 overflow somehow (probably possible if we whip something and store the overflow in a wealth-build - or simply find more happy to grow even bigger...). With Marble it would be 10 turns. That's the quickest I can see any city do it as we have no forests left. And even if we had we would need ~23 without Marble in a newly founded city...

And I don't think that we can move the Trireme forward without it getting visible. But please check, I might be wrong. If so, feel free to move it.

I asked Nakor for his map (asking doesn't cost anything in this situation I guess). And I offered Kurumi Ivory for his Fur. Everyone else has Ivory or isn't a valid trade-partner so I again thought that asking does not hurt. I guess it is his only fur so he won't win anything by it, but maybe he accepts regardless or asks for some health resource on top. We could use the additional happy certainly.

Though I also have to remind myself that being reliant on happy resources from others is not good. I hope we can soon take some. Of course we could have had like slowcheetah Silver, Gems and Gold...

Well, BaII has fur that hopefully we'll own soon. smile Where would the trireme be spotted from?

2SW from where it could move. He should have 2 tiles vision over water, shouldn't he? I just remember that when I'm in this situation

x
o
y

with o being a lake I can see the y-tile from the x-tile.

You can see two tiles across water from land, but only one tile across water from water unless you have Optics. That's what my sign meant. Notice that the tile that the trireme is currently on cannot see the tile 2SW. I'm going to go ahead and move the ship.

Oh and the Taj plan sounds good. thumbsup

Those visibility-rules are always getting me :/ A mod that does give an indication which tiles are visible from a given tile would really be great.

As for the Taj-plan: Can you get a rough estimate when we can get Nat? Do we take it with Lib (we could, couldn't we?)? If so we could cut a Knight from our attack-force for now and instead start a overflow-cascade. 3 turns saving gold, 2 turns Edu, 4 turns Lib = 9 turns left. That won't yield millions but we probably can get more overflow then by whipping something.

We can take Nationalism with Liberalism now, yes. (The only time you can't take Nat with Lib is if you tech Paper through Theology and Philosophy through Drama, which nobody has done in the history of ever.) Liberalism ETA is 7t including the current turn, I believe. We only need to save gold for two turns including the current one, then 2 turns of burn on Education and 3 turns of burn on Liberalism. I think. It could possibly be 4 turns of burn on Lib. But yeah we should get the overflow cascade going now if you can do that.

Yes I can. Iris needs to cut the Knights though. We get 46 (not adjusted yet) already from the current Knight build. I'm sure that can be incorporated into that cascade. We should still have 24 Knights in the attack, with a few a turn behind.

Hmmm did you account for OR in Iris? Hopefully we can get religion into the city soon. lol

Ok, that's not really... ingenious (edit: I think cunning would fit better what I meant) but whatever:

EOT144: 29/150 Grocer
EOT145: 60/150 Grocer
EOT146: 89/150 Grocer
EOT147: 120/150 Grocer
EOT148: 149/150 Grocer
EOT149: 29/15 Scout -> 14 overflow, adjusted to 8
EOT150: 136+((18+8)*1.75)=181/90 Knight -> 90 overflow, adjusted to 51
EOT151: 149+((18+51)*2) = 287/150 Grocer -> 137 overflow, adjusted to 68
EOT152: ((22+68)*2) = 180/700 Taj
EOT153: 224/700 Taj
EOT154: (23, 1 unhappy goes away) 270/700 Taj
EOT155: 316/700 Taj
EOT156: 362/700 Taj
EOT157: 408/700 Taj
EOT158: 454/700 Taj
EOT159: 500/700 Taj
EOT160: 546/700 Taj
EOT161: 592/700 Taj
EOT162: 638/700 Taj
EOT163: 684/700 Taj
EOT164: 730/700 Taj

Obviously much less if we can get Marble somehow (having it T152 would be like Christmas). And if we get another happy till T156 we can at least save one turn.

Had to whip the Knight in Barbara now, because the galley has to bring him over next turn, so that the workers can board T146. T147 they are unloaded in the city and can start workshopping. T148 the missionary is loaded and T150 unloaded in the city so he can directly spread, without us losing overflow (else if we would spread the turn we start Taj I assume our overflow would be adjusted by a factor of 2 instead of 1.75 similar to when you finish a forge-build).