As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Okay folks, I present to you, The Known World. Note that this is a 47.5 megapixel image, i.e. VERY LARGE.

Nakor is up in the north center there, huddled in the tundra. There's no way Rohan is his original capital; I think his original capital may be the razed city northeast of the juicy pack of flood plains. Gavagai started near the jungle and couldn't settle south, so he went north, possibly eying those very flood plains. Note that one recently conquered city is still in revolt. Anyway, the most interesting part is Nakor's newest city of Exodus, which is planted on iron and across the water. And obviously named. There are a few islands to the southeast of that, but there's no visible path to the big island chain west of us. There may yet still be a path that is traversible with culture ocean hopping as my sign indicates though. But for now the key point is that the only trade route to Nakor is through Gavagai, until Astronomy or if we successfully bridge that ocean gap with culture.

Thanks for the big picture smile

I'm surprised that the big island/continent west of Julia is civ-less even if it connects to Jowy. East of Exodus looks like a rather big island too.

Yeah, there's also considerable unsettled land north of Kurumi. Either that or they've settled there but not connected the resources. crazyeye

Interestingly, Kurumi just took a city off Gavagai. Maybe we should trade maps with Kurumi?

Hmmm, Sian moved his capital just recently. It used to be at Lisp.

Apparently what actually happened was that Gavagai offered peace and his city of Karlye to Kurumi and Kurumi accepted. Huh. I guess Kurumi was about to attack and take the city, so Gavagai declared last turn and offered him the city? huh In any case, that's two sources of ivory and one of gems changing hands, weakening Gavagai's position considerably. Also, Kurumi is already getting ivory from yurimack.

That means Gavagai is most likely gone as a competitor as well (he has to take Nakor out AND deal with Kurumi who himself would need to take both Jowy and Gavagai to be a contender). Leaves just yurimack and slow I guess.

Btw: The one dark blob might be slows land. I don't think we found him yet, did we?

(October 15th, 2013, 07:17)Serdoa Wrote: Btw: The one dark blob might be slows land. I don't think we found him yet, did we?

Since slow plays Mali (at least to your overview) he is north of Sian.

(October 15th, 2013, 01:00)NobleHelium Wrote: I'll post some screenshots shortly.

Some screenshots /= one screenshot. nono

(October 15th, 2013, 07:35)Ichabod Wrote:
(October 15th, 2013, 01:00)NobleHelium Wrote: I'll post some screenshots shortly.

Some screenshots /= one screenshot. nono

Hey that screenshot is nearly thirty screenshots in one.