As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

Ten, there we go. Best size of anyone that we know, and possibly best in the world; I've kind of lost track of Dtay but he might be at nine or ten (very impressively). Anyway, it'll get a monument then granary then lighthouse, allowing it to be a nicely productive citizen of our fair empire fast.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0344.JPG]

Secondus; let's cause no little consternation, eh? That's my hut, kids, but I could probably kill your city instead.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0345.JPG]
Fast food empire revenge!
[Image: funny-Canada-different-ffood.JPG]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

So why are you not going to try to attack Viking City?

(October 19th, 2013, 21:14)Goreripper Wrote: So why are you not going to try to attack Viking City?
Ulcer? Not worth it? Naval war with vikings makes me cuss?
[Image: funny-Canada-different-graphi.JPG]

...although I'm not adverse a little mild consternation. They blocked a direct boating, and also popped the hut sadly. But it was for barbarians, which can enter their territory over here on this island. I shrugged and moved on to the east, might as well explore their old leavings.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0350.JPG]

Speaking of cussin'. Sorry Xenu, your axes failed utterly against the invading barbarians, and Goreripper's archers had to clean up their mess. Still, micro on track and Montreal will soon become my second best city, loaded with food and working on a Great Scientist.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0352.JPG]

Out east in the gold fields I had the right tools for the job, sweeping up the axe effortlessly with my incoming chariot. Now I've only got a warrior incoming, and he's going to be annoying and might cut my horses, but shouldn't be a threat to Toronto itself. Keep working those mines; got to hold on to my good MFG.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0351.JPG]

Well damn, curses to the great Viking wall of barbarian hatred! At least I lasted longer than Boldly, even if he was nearly heroic and I was, what was it, "an utter failure"? Ow ow ow. smoke

Edit: You need to rename goreripper though, his name is way too awesome for a mere archer. He deserves at least an axeman, if not your first elephant. Something more savage than just a pew pew pew.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(October 20th, 2013, 20:34)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Well damn, curses to the great Viking wall of barbarian hatred! At least I lasted longer than Boldly, even if he was nearly heroic and I was, what was it, "an utter failure"? Ow ow ow. smoke

Edit: You need to rename goreripper though, his name is way too awesome for a mere archer. He deserves at least an axeman, if not your first elephant. Something more savage than just a pew pew pew.
He's just standard-issue Canadian!
[Image: 2010-06-28.jpg]

Anywho. Ottawa is prepping for some Hanging Gardens; Aqueduct won't be a terrible waste here anyway, and I'll be able to effortlessly 1-turn the Gardens themselves the turn I hook stone...so 6 turns hence. I'll try and squeeze out two more cities in that time frame; a twelve-city Hanging Gardens would be amazing. It might well fall before Turn 103; if it doesn't, well, shame on you other guys, seriously.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0353.JPG]

Halifax and Vancouver are the planned 11th and 12th cities; they'll get settled t103 in any case. Beaut of a wild northern empire, ain't she? Never will be as great as your Vikings, or your Ottomen, or your Germans or Greeks or Mayans, but still I like the pretty green color and I'll have a crap-tonne of icy islands by the end of this.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0354.JPG]

'sceuse me, gotta go wrestle someone...
[Image: moose.jpg]

Ok. With that I am dedlurking you. Have not read other threads for fifty turns anyway.

(October 20th, 2013, 21:31)Goreripper Wrote: Ok. With that I am dedlurking you. Have not read other threads for fifty turns anyway.
Welcome! Don't tell me any early secret long-range plans and I think you're fine.

In other news, Lewwyn has *all the techs* and Pindicooter have a Great Wall. Notice who is in third place without anything like that?

...mids....

...knigs...

Ladies and gentlemen,
MACKOTI

I'm betting here now, Mack steals HG from me soon and is the eventual winner of PB13

Okay, regardless of how the cherry on top goes (Hanging Gardens), I'll consider Phase One: REX a qualified success. 11 by turn 100 didn't quite happen, but by t103 I'll have 12 cities, so the spirit is in the right place. So we'll keep up with expansion, but now we're going to set another goal:

PHASE TWO: OPERATION FISCAL JACKHAMMER:

Yeah. We're financial. We've been all Canadian and our excellent economy has thus far been due to IC-TRs and lots of precious metals being mined. That's good for now, but we are going to be needing more cottages than that. There will be two stages here:
TOWN STAGE
[Image: 67b8_b7a4.jpg?c=d456]
30 worked cottages by turn 130.
The goal here is to have at least 30 towns by turn 200.

VILLAGE STAGE
[Image: Daliyet%20el-Karmel,%20Druze%20village,%...imgmax=800]
50 worked cottages by turn 150.
And here, at least 20 additional villages by turn 200.

This seems like a reasonable goal for a Financial economy; Economics and The Broken Feitorias (great band name) will be a faster and better development path after that. Basically, we'll push more cottages as feasible but cities will probably be more prone to focus on mines/watermills/farms/workshops if settled after t150.

Obviously, this plan requires at least 50 more citizens than we currently have; that means the happy cap needs a-bumpin'. Poly->Mono->Monarchy next, and then I decide if I revolt Hindu and spread it, or research Theology for a more home-grown religion. Either way, HR/OR revolt will bump the happy cap, let me stop making these wasteful monuments, and let me hook wines in a riverside filler south of Winnipeg.

popcorn

Commodore, have you actually counted how many grasslands you have in all of your BFCs combined?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(October 21st, 2013, 12:37)Krill Wrote: popcorn

Commodore, have you actually counted how many grasslands you have in all of your BFCs combined?

I believe the subtitle of this plan could be "how I stopped worrying and learned to love* the plains cottage".

*or at least tolerate

...and 39 right now, up to a solid 49 counting the next four planned cities. But of course given the paucity of edibles in the local vicinity, a fair few riverside tiles get farms outside of the capital. But given the capital's three plains and last grass hill get cottaged, it's only going to require 6-7 more plains to get cottaged around Canada.