As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

Just noticed that we had another straggling knight up north. tongue Oh well, it's just one. Not much of interest in the new turn, there's a new spear in Last Hope which we'll still get odds on (10 vs 9.6, numbers would be drastically different after 1-2 turns of fortify).

By the way, just to expand on what I said earlier about the vulnerability of our capital. The Moai city is one of the strongest cities in the empire so we'd need to defend it heavily anyway, so making it the capital on top of that isn't really a big deal.

BaII did not attack and instead picked up his units and retreated his galley. Okay...

Yeah, I'm not going to comment on his moves any longer I think...

Took Last Hope without losses, it came with Granary, Aqueduct, LH, Forge. For reference our attack odds were

vs LB ~34%
vs Spear ~50%
vs Axe ~68%

Last battle was actually around 73% odds. wink

Looks like yuris got a loan from cheetah, he's paying 30gpt now. I thought about it further and we should just sit tight, yuris is our direct neighbor and thus it'd be better for us if he were weakened. And they're about even so there's no danger of yuris collapsing or anything, maybe he'll lose a city or two tops but that should be it.

Well, reason I normally am open to such loans is not only to keep them from crumbling down (and I agree he shouldn't) but also to make them more of a "friend". Most players won't attack you as easily if you helped them in the game, no matter if that makes no sense strategically. And I could see yuris being one of those that would hold back and rather fight a not winnable war against someone else than to attack a "friend".

Anyhow, I doubt it will make much difference, we'll have Frigates, Galleons and Infantry in like 30 turns while the rest will have Muskets and we can then invade yuris, down to WK, over to slow and Sian. Most elaborate plan I came up with in the last 2 weeks I think lol

(October 27th, 2013, 03:00)Serdoa Wrote: Well, reason I normally am open to such loans is not only to keep them from crumbling down (and I agree he shouldn't) but also to make them more of a "friend". Most players won't attack you as easily if you helped them in the game, no matter if that makes no sense strategically. And I could see yuris being one of those that would hold back and rather fight a not winnable war against someone else than to attack a "friend".

Anyhow, I doubt it will make much difference, we'll have Frigates, Galleons and Infantry in like 30 turns while the rest will have Muskets and we can then invade yuris, down to WK, over to slow and Sian. Most elaborate plan I came up with in the last 2 weeks I think lol

You could still offer him gold for that reason, it's not a bad one. smile

I killed BaIIs galley... and moved our Trireme in range of his. So that's a dead Trireme. Sorry, that was just dumb, no excuse. Might have to whip Renate for another Galley instead of the Monastery. Of course we still might get lucky or he won't attack ... for whatever reason as with the city.