As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Bacchus - Any chance of playing turns in timely fashion, especially if there are others waiting or you?

If not, then probably timer etension would be in order. We could try 30h. Opinions?

(October 29th, 2013, 18:33)plako Wrote: Bacchus - Any chance of playing turns in timely fashion, especially if there are others waiting or you?

If not, then probably timer etension would be in order. We could try 30h. Opinions?

I'd like to keep playing one turn per day. But no point in keeping the timer at 24h if we are going to need pauses all the time. Like I've said before, pauses are annoying, especially now that the game is on a stage where meaningful diplo offers can be made.

On the other hand I believe that we are so many that we can always pause the game with just 1 hour in the timer. Then problems arise only if the last players has a diplo screen. I'm afraid that extending the timer just leads to people taking a bit more time before playing..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Agree with fintourist. People seem to take n-1 hours to play, no matter what # of hours n is set to.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

Wait. Bacchus, did you forget to end turn again?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(October 29th, 2013, 18:51)dtay Wrote: Agree with fintourist. People seem to take n-1 hours to play, no matter what # of hours n is set to.

So what happens when the timer is 1 hour? wink

We'd have an instantaneous game.

NH, you're a genius. New idea yall.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

I'd assume this is under Bacchus' "I might forget so just let it roll" statement. Retep, I'd say go ahead.

(August 15th, 2013, 04:55)Bacchus Wrote: For future screw-ups like this, please don't wait around for me, it's bad enough forcing the full 24 hours to pass before the roll, without having to further inconvenience people with pausing-unpausing and dragging the turn out. Of course, I might still need a pause sometimes for legitimate reasons, but assume that I don't unless I actually say otherwise smile

For reference.

What about retep then? retep appears to need to play after bacchus
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player