As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

What have we here...

Interesting choice of promotions on that GG musket. I believe Sulla labeled a very similar set "the worst that he has ever seen" very recently. lol I guess he's using it as stack defender in his attack? They came from the forest tile to the northwest obviously. That city is going down of course, that stack has an astonishing 27 catapults. In fact he only has 20 hitters. The city is also the one with Chichen Itza...

Last two cities cost us 2g and 1g respectively.

Is Sian first in turn order for that war? If so he might flank those catapults away with his Knights. 10 of them should be enough, as flanking has no maximum number of units it can affect IIRC.

He's second, but yet to play this turn. cheetah has already moved.

You're right, he has decent odds for flanking. Not sure if he's going to kill any catapults with that many though, I would definitely sim if I were him. Flanking was modified to have a cap similar to siege collateral in one of the patches: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.p...stcount=14 Maybe attack with the catapult then the Numidian first followed by the green knight. He needs to knock down the GG musket enough that he can take even odds battles with the C2 knights. Send in the C3 Formation one after he's knocked down the mace and the musket that would defend over the other knights against it.

I'll be on chat for a bit before I go to sleep.

lol yuris and Gavagai both have chariots watching the battle too.

Are you sure you want to grow at Pamela? We're going to be unhappy once we swap out of Nationhood next turn.

Didn't take that into account. In that case we shouldn't grow I guess. We really need happiness. If we had our own dyes I would suggest getting Drama for Theaters - but we don't. And Markets are fucking expensive - might be worth it still in some cities but with our low production capabilities its kinda... well, waiting for Univ.Suffrage to buy all the stuff I guess.

Yeah we do. Unfortunately we're probably going to lose our dye in like ten turns once Sian goes down. We'll get furs from BaII though and get rid of the war weariness once we finish him off. Just need to hang on until then...

Sian attacked, with crappy results. He did kill the GG though.

Looks like he killed 6 units and lost 4 (unless he brought in more from somewhere else). cheetah has 17 hitters in range, Sian has 13 (+1 after turn roll) defenders. City should be going down. Sian also got a new GG in Lua (his capital near the bottom of the frame) but decided not to use it on the stack apparently.

I'm surprised Gavagai hasn't attacked and taken PHP yet.

Maybe he didn't want to deal with the hideously polluted global namespace and hastily grafted on object system.

They just need to import more syntax from Java, that'll solve anything. wink

Anyway at least we're doing a turn a day for now. Interestingly cheetah just played but did not capture the city. Maybe he wanted to heal a turn first? No medic 3 though. Maybe he had really bad luck?

We're swapping into Bureaucracy, Caste System, Mercantilism, and Pacifism this turn, yeah? And popping the GA of course. You should pop the GA with the Merchant at Iris so that we're left with the one on the mainland which is in a safer location.