As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

Save hacking works as a band-aid solution

I think a detour through Pitboss may fix your save, but it's a bit complicated.

1. Start with the save incoming to the Oracle player the turn before the Oracle is completed. Load that in Pitboss. (Pitboss will know it is sequential turns and not simultaneous.)
2. Connect to Pitboss and play your turn, completing the Oracle at EOT.
3. Have the other player connect and play his turn.
4. Then when the first player starts his next turn, the Oracle popup should function as normal.
5. Save *mid-turn* in the Pitboss host.
6. Load that mid-turn save as PBEM.
7. End turn as usual and send it along.

The Pitboss host must keep running continuously from steps 2 to 5, do not save and reload during this time.

Steps 5+ are optional to convert back to PBEM - you could just keep playing as Pitboss instead if you like.

Sounds like a lot of fuss for a duel in which whosit and I are cycling through 20 turns an hour, but definitely that is an option for bigger games.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

So Krill, Seven has a point about the uselessness of swords, but maybe take it further...baselined 7 strength, Praetorians get free Shock?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(January 31st, 2014, 20:11)Commodore Wrote: So Krill, Seven has a point about the uselessness of swords, but maybe take it further...baselined 7 strength, Praetorians get free Shock?

Hey I vaguely recall someone who had a very similar idea a while back. Where did I read that? lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Free shock would remove a lot of synergy from Aggressive civs, wouldn't it? Or can you give free Shock without giving free C1?

(January 31st, 2014, 20:39)Dhalphir Wrote: Free shock would remove a lot of synergy from Aggressive civs, wouldn't it? Or can you give free Shock without giving free C1?

Free promos don't have to follow pre-reqs. So Shock without C1 is ok.

So how would that work with getting further promos on that unit? Would it have to take C1 before it could take any other promos, or would Shock act as a prereq for everything after Shock?

I don't think shock is a prereq for anything anyway, is it?

It's not.