As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

Thanks all, and yes, it was inspired by contemplation of the majestic meese of Canada. Guess what by the way? I'm the pope again. And Mack is making friends here.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0318.JPG]

Not making any friends is WillieLP, who is continuing the dreary attrition fight here in Greenerland. I'm going to be exiting this age three techs from Rifling. So this little messing around won't last much longer, happily.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0319.JPG]

The pipeline is amusing me. Yamamoto here is traveling with one heck of an odd cavalcade.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0321.JPG]

Aaaanyway. I'm pleased to have timed the starvation thusly; Montreal will end up size 13 and the birthplace of two immediately burned Great Scientists. Printing Press is very much worth it, not only is it humming along the Rifle line, it's gonna be worth a metric crapton of money.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0320.JPG]

Ottawa will end up 288/500 on the next Great Dude, most likely an Engineer. So about twenty turns after this age ends, I'll have decent odds at getting a wonder-rush of my choice. Rifling then straight to Communism? Perhaps, the Kremlin would be ballin although the monastery obsolesce would be terrible. Eh, we'll see. This university will be followed by Oxford before too long, but universities might be lagging a little some places.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0322.JPG]

...because this is about to be unlocked. Krill, Victoria of Portugal is a water map goddess. yikes
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0323.JPG]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Oh man I'd love to see your Moai city in GA with this.
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

(February 1st, 2014, 15:19)BaII Wrote: Oh man I'd love to see your Moai city in GA with this.
You and me both...

Moneybag coasts ho!

If the Feitoria is a Portuguese trading post, then where is free Nav1 promotion? mischief

(February 2nd, 2014, 08:43)flugauto Wrote: If the Feitoria is a Portuguese trading post, then where is free Nav1 promotion? mischief
Lost! Oh noez!

Krill: We need this hotfixed stat!

You actually had me searching for that bug for 30 seconds before I realized the joke.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I realize I haven't been updating everyone on the *vitally important island battle*. Um. Four more knights coming, so farewell Faust, then pick at Magic for another GG while I resettle Somerset. Rifles in a dozen turns anyway. tongue
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0328.JPG]

All around the empire, feitoriae are getting erected; dear little Ellesmere will get a lovely boost, eh?
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0329.JPG]

I'm realizing I need to push growth in a lot of my cities more; the ocean tiles are worth working, even...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0327.JPG]

Okay kiddies, let's break Vicky/Portugal. Even the crapholes are going to get grown, and Free Market trade routes alone will make the cheap customs house aspect of these things awesome.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot03260.JPG]
Subtitle of all these above pictures? Scientific Method is going to be sad. frown

Temples never go out of style.

(February 3rd, 2014, 14:14)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Temples never go out of style.
True that, and it's only a tiny fraction of my economy. The capital's monastery's 10% is more important than all others combined. Oooh yeah, dem beakers.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0341.JPG]

Aryabhata was born and promptly burned on Printing Press, bringing it to within a tiny little blip to finish.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0339.JPG]

The real change in the turn was flipping back to the new normal for civics; check it my peoples. Free Market is going to be massive; it'll be many many turns (about fifty) before Free Speech is higher yield.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0340.JPG]

Thus, mah demos. GNP's skyrocketing is lovely. I am dismayed to be merely in fifth place still in MFG and CY, although far above average as well. Tied for fifth guy says "yo". The GNP isn't going down all that much, on the plus side, given villages and towns are about to go up with Printing Press and coasts are about to go up with fietoriae. smug
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0342.JPG]

Troll guy is still trolling. Gunpowder->Replacable Parts-> Rifling, I swear.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0338.JPG]

Ah well, I'm not here to win, I'm hear to play well and meet goals. Screw plainfood, Ottawa is still best capital.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0343.JPG]

Farewell, golden age. Grin

Progress, alas, sometimes needs sacrifices. Sometimes needs payment. Sometimes needs...blood. Six universities are easy, simple, and natural to make. But I need seven for Oxford. So Edmonton is going to pay in whips and blood to get one the hard way.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0350.JPG]

Impeding progress also means sacrifices, at times. In the case of WilliamLP, he's just paying the Khmer Trolling forward here in fair Greenerland; that's Magic Flute down to size one again, a galley whipped in. He'll keep a-trollin here until kingdom or rifles come.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0349.JPG]

But I don't care. Why don't I care? Because gentlemen, today...we had sweet sweet REVENGE.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0348.JPG]
Misspelled, hasty, ill-conceived revenge!