As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

(February 21st, 2014, 11:33)scooter Wrote: I've seen Sirian say this a few times, and he was the one who coded the events. Each game only contains a certain fraction of the events, so yeah you would have to do some research on if removing those would screw them up or not.

I tried to find Sirian's post mentioning something like this, but couldn't, I then took a short look at the code and I think Events are chosen with this function:

Code:
void CvGame::initEvents()
{
    for (int iTrigger = 0; iTrigger < GC.getNumEventTriggerInfos(); ++iTrigger)
    {
        if (isOption(GAMEOPTION_NO_EVENTS) || getSorenRandNum(100, "Event Active?") >= GC.getEventTriggerInfo((EventTriggerTypes)iTrigger).getPercentGamesActive())
        {
            m_aeInactiveTriggers.push_back((EventTriggerTypes)iTrigger);
        }
    }
}

Based on this I think IpercentgamesActive works ok.

Wouldn't it be easier to increase the amount of water needed on a map for circumnavigation from 30% up to something like 55%? That would solve the problem.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

So Krill, is this version in your signature the latest/apropos for a small game. I was going to wrap PBEM 59 tonight.

Which, interestingly, is the second PBEM folks have started in RBmod without any prompting from you. nod
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Hmmm, TBH, yeah, that's the latest extant copy. I could have an updated copy ready tomorrow with the majority of the changes in place though (I'd do it tonight but I'm too tired and there is a good risk of mistakes slipping in).

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

OK, I've gone through the mod, archers have been fixed (gain +30% defence against swords), events are in (Thanks to Plako) and all those remaining will now be available to occur in any game where events are left on, and quarries gain +1 hammer at RP (like mines do, thanks to Pin et al for pointing that out).

I've thought a bit about FS, and I'm not really happy moving it to Lib for the reasons Plako mentioned. It either needs to stay at Scientific Method (with the corresponding difficulties in figuring out when to revolt to it), or be moved forward more to Education, or "sideways" to Constitution. I think Education would be the best place to put it out of all these options; even if it seems early in the game, the earlier it is available the weaker it will be because there will not be that many towns grown. Culture output from it would be a small problem though, but frankly, not that bad.

(February 23rd, 2014, 06:32)Krill Wrote: quarries gain +1 hammer at RP (like mines do, thanks to Pin et al for pointing that out).

To fix marble and stone being underpowered, got it. twirl

Ah, thanks for reminding me, forgot to nerf them down to +50% wonder production. Do that now.

(Really, all that does it make it save worker turns turning excess quarries into workshops or mine. It't just a fix to forcing players to remember to optimize tile improvements, same reason that quarries were given +1 hammer with rails in a previous patch).

Do Prats also gain the Swordsman city attack bonus?
fnord

(February 23rd, 2014, 07:28)Thoth Wrote: Do Prats also gain the Swordsman city attack bonus?

Yes. Praets beat Maces. Any day of the weak. hammer

I umm'ed and arr'ed over that one, could very well have gotten it wrong.