As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 Organizing Thread (RB Mod 34 Civs)

I thought it had already been done before? lol if it isn't even possible and somehow made it into popular belief anyway.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Wouldn't the game just get taken down and re-uploaded with a map edit??

(February 27th, 2014, 23:27)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I thought it had already been done before? lol if it isn't even possible and somehow made it into popular belief anyway.

It has definitely not been done before, no.

(February 28th, 2014, 01:26)Hashoosh Wrote: Wouldn't the game just get taken down and re-uploaded with a map edit??

Editing the map would be tricky because of having to maintain a lot of individual city build data, I think. You could take the save into the world builder and edit out whatever cities and landmasses that needed removing, but when it was saved as a new scenario all the city food and production boxes would be at zero by default, like in a new game. You would be missing, for instance, accumulated great people points and probably other data that I can't remember right now. It would be possible to recreate some of that data, but NH can tell you what a time consuming process doing that sort of thing is since the console doesn't make it very easy for you. And the later in the game it gets, the more impractical that task becomes. In all, it would be very cumbersome task for anyone who tried it that way. I don't know what the other options are, though. .DLL hacking is beyond my knowledge.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Might be easier to have the lurker civ nuke the Atlantis civ back to oblivion, rendering the territory a useless pile of fallout.

If global warming can be disabled, this might actually be a viable option. To avoid the need for worldbuilding, make sure to stock the lurker civ with an ample nuclear arsenal before the game begins...
If you know what I mean.

That is taking the "lurkers are assholes" maxim to a whole new level. wink
I have to run.

(February 28th, 2014, 07:13)zakalwe Wrote: Might be easier to have the lurker civ nuke the Atlantis civ back to oblivion, rendering the territory a useless pile of fallout.

If global warming can be disabled, this might actually be a viable option. To avoid the need for worldbuilding, make sure to stock the lurker civ with an ample nuclear arsenal before the game begins...

It would be kind of fun, if nothing else. lol C&D practitioners would have to deal with a bit of a blip for rival best power rating throughout the game, but it wouldn't mess with anyone's graphs since the lurker civ's graphs would never be obtainable anyway.

(February 28th, 2014, 07:37)novice Wrote: That is taking the "lurkers are assholes" maxim to a whole new level. wink

Lurker scum, lurker scum.... Hey, what is that stuff falling from the sky? Oooh, what a blinding ligh---.

Don't nukes just tickle in the mod though?

You seem to have an unusually high pain threshold. lol It would be easier to give the lurker civ tanks and let them just burn it all down. The tanks would probably also be able to enforce an internationally recognized "open area", too, if we had to …