As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 Organizing Thread (RB Mod 34 Civs)

(March 2nd, 2014, 13:23)Catwalk Wrote: I think Sullla would be able to competently tar and feather any cheese gifting, and that's sufficient deterrent IMO. Along with a small clause for it in the Do Not Be A Jerk ruleset saying "Don't do cheesy gifting".

I think the problem is that in PB13 different people had different ideas of what was acceptable.

(March 2nd, 2014, 13:31)plako Wrote: No selling or gifting cities. Simple is best. If you want a city you need to take it via force and war. Removes the controversy around this issue.

I think this is for the best. If you want it, take it from my cold, dead hands.*

*ho, ho, ho, I have a spear!

Dhal has an excellent point; make that reroll decision deadline "48hours after the finalized release notes for 3.0.4....2(?). Or whatever.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

OK, I've posted the mod. That is the mod that is for general use, it does not have the tweaks for this specific game in it. The full change log is included.

The mod that is used in this game can be found here.

The only thing that is different is that Writing does not enable map trades. There are no changes to the known tech bonus, I think that the era linking is probably be enough.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

KHAAAAAAAAN!

Banning all city gifting is okay, I guess. Although 'cheese' gifting could still be done by a party evacuating all troops from a city.

Tactical retreats is another thing, but when civ X comes under attack from two sides - I'd say defending one side and completely abandoning the other side is not cool.

One thing is concentrating force on one attacker, hoping to deal a crushing blow and get peace on that side quickly ("Wacht am Rhein") but not whipping one side/walking every single defender out...

Does "don't be a jerk" cover this?

And has anyone said anything about seeing start position before rerolling Civ?
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

posting starts for 34 teams would be tedious to say the least, and require a mostly finished map before rerolls. i cant speak for commodore but looks to me like the costs outweigh the benefits of that idea.

(March 2nd, 2014, 15:29)Krill Wrote: OK, I've posted the mod. That is the mod that is for general use, it does not have the tweaks for this specific game in it. The full change log is included.

The mod that is used in this game can be found here.

The only thing that is different is that Writing does not enable map trades. There are no changes to the known tech bonus, I think that the era linking is probably be enough.

Is the plan for Sullla's civ to have Satellites or just total map knowledge and great spies? I guess the former would have an effect on the era linking.

(March 2nd, 2014, 12:46)Krill Wrote:
(March 2nd, 2014, 08:13)plako Wrote: 5. To me it just means you can make trade through diplo window. There shouldn't be any coded messages anywhere naturally including unit/city naming.

The main things that I want to know about are selling cities, and using gold as a count down (so on one turn you might put in 29 gold, on the next you put 28 etc).

So the rule would be: No using letters or numbers in the trade window to communicate.

(Some day I'd love to play a game where you're allowed to do diplo by renaming a unit just before you gift it, to properly simulate the troubles of ancient communication, but I don't think that's this game...)

(March 2nd, 2014, 16:59)Old Harry Wrote: Is the plan for Sullla's civ to have Satellites or just total map knowledge and great spies? I guess the former would have an effect on the era linking.

Sullla Should not have any advanced tech. It would ruin the known civ bonus as implemented and as pointed out unnescessary since that civ will have whole map revelaed from the start of the game+ Airships + spies.

So I think we've the mod pretty much ready. Testing is definately in order, but it should have all the changes. Ruleset could use couple of additions. Anyone totally against these additions to ruleset?
* No city gifting or trading
* No using trade window to communicate (e.g. using letters or numbers in a way that could be interpreted something else than a real trade offer)

I'm against seeing starts. This will be hard enough to launch as is.

By no using the trade window to communicate, would fish/fish or other things be not kosher?