As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 Organizing Thread (RB Mod 34 Civs)

(March 2nd, 2014, 19:38)Whosit Wrote: Wait, fish-for-fish trades are considered bad? I thought doing stuff like that is a way to secure peace, or do I have that mechanic wrong?

Nope. It's just diplomacy in a no-diplomacy game.

*shrug* it's not a no diplomacy game. Every single action has some diplomatic context, even which tile you move a unit to, where you settle cities.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

My iron fist opinion:
Don't spell stuff. Obviously.
Fish-for-fish stuff is fine. Trying to be Sevenishly cryptic "iron + horse +7gpt means incoming knights in seven turns" is a grey area; I think it's often enough hilariously misinterpreted that it should be fine.
No cities offered unless at war seems reasonable. Cuts reasonable sales out, but "reasonable" is hella fraught.

(March 2nd, 2014, 17:29)plako Wrote: Commodore can you say anything about map status and when do you estimate it would be ready? Are you planning to say anything else about it before we start to make keep/pass desicions concerning the leaders? Do you need some further input from the players at this point?
Map is about 3 man-hours in, probably needs another 6-7 man hours at least. I'm running it with Merovech and Ceiliazul as my checkers, this sucker is world-size. twirl I guess to say about world size/water level, I'm trying to keep Imp and Org roughly even at Monarch level; it's looking lusher than PB13 but not a green hell like the PB16 Duel League. I think I'm good for input now, I'll look at rerolling those who choose to Tuesday evening.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(March 2nd, 2014, 19:49)Jowy Wrote:
(March 2nd, 2014, 19:38)Whosit Wrote: Wait, fish-for-fish trades are considered bad? I thought doing stuff like that is a way to secure peace, or do I have that mechanic wrong?

Nope. It's just diplomacy in a no-diplomacy game.

It's not a "no diplomacy" game even though you called it that. You know very well that diplomacy is allowed. It's just talking that isn't allowed.

Huh. So, are there trade deals in MP that do cause enforced peace besides peace deals?

(March 2nd, 2014, 19:55)Whosit Wrote: Huh. So, are there trade deals in MP that do cause enforced peace besides peace deals?
Nope!

Okay, looking at the much reduced/balanced events list...I think EVENTS ON should be less unbalanced than Barbs/Huts, really. Anyone scream in pain at that notion?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(March 2nd, 2014, 19:55)Whosit Wrote: Huh. So, are there trade deals in MP that do cause enforced peace besides peace deals?

Don't think so. I think resource X for resource X trades don't even do that in SP, just tributes.

I was talking about past games. At least every one of those that I've taken part of recently have been either "no diplo" or "AI diplo" smile Btw I don't mind resource for resource deals happening. I think they are a bit meta in their current form, but they are very close to the more natural approach of simply gifting a resource. And Krill, I reckon there's a difference between things that would happen in any game (cities being settled, units moving) and things that only happen with meta knowledge (sheep for sheep trade).

(March 2nd, 2014, 19:52)Commodore Wrote: it's looking lusher than PB13 but not a green hell like the PB16 Duel League

lol

I'm fine with events on. The removal of so many PITA events and the most unbalancing ones should leave us in good shape, and it's fun for a little flavor to have them. Just my .02.