As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

Fuggit, CHA gives no cheap buildings and AGG does. That's more valuable than anti synergy concerns I think.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

If the art asests can be put in place, the three missing trait combinations can be introduced. But not for PB18.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

You can put Al Gore over Pericles and swap me to Phi/Ind if you want. smile

How hard is it go get art assets in place? IIRC they don't have to be animated (at leas they aren't in some of the game modes in bts)

Plako, I got your pull request merged, thanks for that. Git can be a pain but everybody says it's worthwhile to learn and Github is the current standard for code sharing.

One detail: The era numbers are zero-based. So nobody gets any known-tech bonus at the beginning of the game until someone reaches the classical era, because it is multiplied by zero for the ancient age. Krill and Plako, is this the way you want it? (Might not be a bad thing, cutting off some of the grodier details of cloak & dagger tech analysis.)

Yeah, that's what they intended.

I tried flugauto's suggestion for circumnavigation sight (allowing getExtraWaterSeeFromCount to stack), but didn't work. Here's what he suggested, after a bit of rewriting to get it to compile. In CvPlot::updateSight

Code:
    // Unit
    while (pUnitNode != NULL)
    {
        pLoopUnit = ::getUnit(pUnitNode->m_data);
        pUnitNode = nextUnitNode(pUnitNode);

//changeAdjacentSight(pLoopUnit->getTeam(), pLoopUnit->visibilityRange(), bIncrement, pLoopUnit, bUpdatePlotGroups);
        //T-hawk and flugauto for RB Balance Mod, need this in order for getExtraWaterSeeFromCount to stack, for circumnavigation to stack with Optics
        int iBonusSight = 0;
        if (isWater())
        {
            int iExtraWaterSeeFromCount = GET_TEAM(pLoopUnit->getTeam()).getExtraWaterSeeFromCount();
            if (iExtraWaterSeeFromCount > 0)
                iBonusSight = iExtraWaterSeeFromCount - 1;
        }

changeAdjacentSight(pLoopUnit->getTeam(), pLoopUnit->visibilityRange() + iBonusSight, bIncrement, pLoopUnit, bUpdatePlotGroups);
    }

The problem is that bIncrement parameter, that updateSight and changeAdjacentSight are sometimes called to apply a change on the previous value, or sometimes to set an absolute value. This didn't work right, with weird interactions between those modes. Also, sometimes this wouldn't work right for recalculating visibility after a unit leaves a tile. The extra range never gets updated to not-visible, because the unit has left, so a moving unit sometimes leaves a trail of permanent visibility behind it.

Anyone got any more suggestions, or did I make any stupid mistakes in that code?

I'm kind of inclined to stop chasing this. iExtraWaterSeeFromCount just wasn't meant to stack.

Yeah. Looking at what that variable does, it's not clear to me what it would even mean for it to stack.

Maybe you could just make circumnavigation bestow a free sentry promotion on every naval unit (in existence, and produced henceforth).

Sentry doesn't enable any other promotions so I don't think that would really break anything. It would also make it slightly anti-synergistic with the Vikings' free flanking promotion, since they are already able to promote directly to sentry if they wish. Which is fine, IMO.
If you know what I mean.

That does also remove having super-sight ships with +1 vision from both Circumnavigation AND Sentry.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?