As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I updated OP to include link to the mod candidate for this game and its change log.

I took the liberty of turning events back on and adding city gifting and trade rules. If someone is totally against please speak up. We don't want to lose anyone because of these.

I also added Sullla to the potential Admin list, because he was volunteering in discussion thread.

I posted this in my thread, but I'll also post here in case anyone else could use the same help: If you know how to set up a desktop shortcut to run the mod, please help me. I'm technologically inept to a degree previously not believed to be possible.

Thanks for any help!

(March 3rd, 2014, 11:39)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: I posted this in my thread, but I'll also post here in case anyone else could use the same help: If you know how to set up a desktop shortcut to run the mod, please help me. I'm technologically inept to a degree previously not believed to be possible.

Thanks for any help!

Or you could buy an SSD; I can load CIV, then load the mod and start to log into a PB in less than 10 seconds... (although I do remember the days of loading the game taking 30 seconds or so...)
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

While you can manually create links to each, o find the following tool invaluable, especially for distinguishing between different versions of the same mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=200145
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Here's a post showing how you create a desktop shortcut that loads the mod you want and fills in the correct pitboss connection parameters for you. Handy if you play in more than one pitboss.

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...#pid410896
I have to run.

Kril, I built his computer and it has a SSD. Emphasis must be placed upon "inept to a degree previously not believed to be possible", as I also IM'ed him last night with instructions.... neenerneener

Thanks for the help guys. Boldly, if you can't get it to work I'll set it up for you tonight. At the cost of your first worker being MINE.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I got it figured out. I had to insert some quotation marks in the target line. Once we have a live server I'll take a look at further automating the log in process. Thanks, novice, for the screenshot guide. thumbsup

As always, thanks Xenu for enabling my technological ineptitude. <3

If you want I can probably figure out a way that Civ will launch the mod for you when you start up the computer. Or any time Windows detects that the game isn't running. Or any other way to simplify the process of DOUBLE CLICKING AN ICON ON YOUR DESKTOP. lol

Edit: You're welcome. heart

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon