As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

(March 3rd, 2014, 02:46)zakalwe Wrote: Maybe you could just make circumnavigation bestow a free sentry promotion on every naval unit (in existence, and produced henceforth).

I thought of this, but it's not clear how to implement it. I know this sort of thing is done by random events but it'll take me some time to research those areas of code.

Yeah, for example there is a quest that gives all future melee units a free drill promotion for building eight swordsman units before the quest expires. I don't remember the name of that quest but maybe you could recycle the code that makes that happen.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

CvPlayer::applyEvent's part about free promotions.
Code:
    for (int i = 0; i < GC.getNumUnitCombatInfos(); ++i)
    {
        if (NO_PROMOTION != kEvent.getUnitCombatPromotion(i))
        {
            int iLoop;
            for (CvUnit* pLoopUnit = firstUnit(&iLoop); NULL != pLoopUnit; pLoopUnit = nextUnit(&iLoop))
            {
                if (pLoopUnit->getUnitCombatType() == i)
                {
                    pLoopUnit->setHasPromotion((PromotionTypes)kEvent.getUnitCombatPromotion(i), true);
                }
            }

setFreePromotion((UnitCombatTypes)i, (PromotionTypes)kEvent.getUnitCombatPromotion(i), true);
        }
    }

for (int i = 0; i < GC.getNumUnitClassInfos(); ++i)
    {
        if (NO_PROMOTION != kEvent.getUnitClassPromotion(i))
        {
            int iLoop;
            for (CvUnit* pLoopUnit = firstUnit(&iLoop); NULL != pLoopUnit; pLoopUnit = nextUnit(&iLoop))
            {
                if (pLoopUnit->getUnitClassType() == i)
                {
                    pLoopUnit->setHasPromotion((PromotionTypes)kEvent.getUnitClassPromotion(i), true);
                }
            }

setFreePromotion((UnitClassTypes)i, (PromotionTypes)kEvent.getUnitClassPromotion(i), true);
        }
    }

Stupid idea that should never be implemented number #504867439: out of interest, would it be easier if Circumnavigation were turned into a quest that popped up on a specific turn if events were on, and the only outcome of it being met was free sentry promotions on boats? That way there would be some control over if it occurred.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Downloaded mod, it works, thanks Krill.

So I downloaded the mod and exported it to My Games/BTS/Mods, but I don't see any option to actually start the mod in the folder. What did I do wrong?

You need to load the mod with a launcher program or from the advanced section of the civ 4 main menu

Do you have a folder inside the extracted folder that has all the game data in it? You have to extract and then move all the data from that second level folder up a level into \mods\rbmod2.0.x.x whatever version it is (and whatever the right mod name is). Cut and paste from the second level under mods into the first level under mods. You can delete the now empty folder that used to have all the mod assets.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Oh, and then go to the pb18 tech thread and search about for the posts where BGN meekly asks for help, followed by the heroic assistance offered by others. That will help you get a working desktop shortcut.

Also the my games folder is a clever ruse by windows to make you pull your hair out. The mod needs to go into your civ/bts/mods folder in program files, not my games. It will appear to work until you try to log on to pitboss.