As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 Organizing Thread (RB Mod 34 Civs)

Need an administrator to create it, mods can't do it. So your entreaties should go to Sullla, T-Hawk, Brick, etc.

(March 2nd, 2014, 23:31)Sullla Wrote: Keeping up with all the posts in this thread is a bit tough, but yes, I'm still happy to fill the role of the global lurker civ in whatever capacity the players want. Please let me know if that also entails being the game moderator / administrator / dictator, I'll take or not take that role as the players desire.

Intro:
I'm assuming that all the players just hope that admin can be reached fairly quickly if problems arise and admin stays some what awere of game events. Re lurker civ: For lurkers it surely would be great (and for players afterwards) if there are some kind of overview reports available as it's probably impossible to follow 33 different threads, but the frequency, style and depth is of course totally dependent on the interest of writer.

Opinion:
Personally I would be happy if both Commodore and Sullla are actively involved in administrating+reporting the game. Do you think it's realistic that you could divide&share responsibilities in some way that is fun for you both, but not too time-consuming or confusing?

Another topic:
I think that also the players who decide to keep their first leader+civ roll should send a message to Commodore by deadline. That way we'll find out immediately if somebody has already forgotten that he has signed up into this madness and don't wonder why XXX does not play his first turn..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

New forum for Pitboss 18 created. Let the madness begin. smile
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

So, the lurkers started working on those end of game awards yet?

I got an idea for a new one: team whose thread spent the most time off the front page of the forum.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(March 3rd, 2014, 16:03)Krill Wrote: So, the lurkers started working on those end of game awards yet?

I got an idea for a new one: team whose thread spent the most time off the front page of the forum.

Let's just give the award to Azza now. He's already laid claim to it:

Azza's thread title Wrote:[spoiler] Azza stays on the 2nd page

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I had the brilliant idea to adjust this forum to a higher threads-per-page count, to bring everything in view without page 2 shuffling. But unfortunately, that can't be set per forum, it's a global value. A MyBB custom plugin seems to be able to do it, if Brick really wants he could try that.

I wouldn't mind changing the global value to accommodate our game. I mean, this is what everyone is at RB for, right? mischief

(March 4th, 2014, 14:44)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: I wouldn't mind changing the global value to accommodate our game. I mean, this is what everyone is at RB for, right? mischief

I'm at RB because I'm a paper manufacturing aficionado and didn't notice the 'L' until too late

Given that this is meant to be fairly casual, I'm okay with not getting additional map info and let the rest be a mystery to discover.

(March 4th, 2014, 14:57)Hashoosh Wrote: I'm at RB because I'm a paper manufacturing aficionado and didn't notice the 'L' until too late

Myself, I was just looking for a place to discuss Sean Connery with fellow 007 fans. Now look at my life.