As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Commodore, Caledorn, thanks for getting the game rolling so quickly smile
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(March 11th, 2014, 12:58)Krill Wrote: Commodore, Caledorn, thanks for getting the game rolling so quickly smile

5 h...

4 h 59 min 57 sec...

4 h 59 min 54 sec...

4 h 59 min 52 sec... Until Krill opens his first beer

And logs first time into super-exciting PB18..

And sees his plains cows start...

And curses Commodore to the deepest darkest pit of hell!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

lol Nice.

I am afraid Civstats flat out refuses to work with this many civs. I get an error message stating:

Quote:$GD_Players[$i - 1][$PB_ARRAY_FINISHEDTURN] = 0
^ ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

Judging by "dimension range exceeded" I think it's pretty safe to say it doesn't support this many players.

Let's hope people are able to remember their turns without the daily email from Civstats - including myself, as I find I rely heavily on that in other games...
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Also, the game is up.

caledorn.no-ip.org:2058

First turn set to 60 hours. Successive turns set to 24h.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I was able to connect to the test game, but when trying to connect to the real game I get stuck on "connecting to peer" (might have been "contacting peer", forget), and get a runtime error saying "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual war".

Anyone know what's up? Maybe something to do with number of people logged on? (That's a wild guess, I have no idea how many people are on it right now, on that note, civstats?)
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

Oh just saw Caledorn's earlier post.

Suggestion on the turn roll issue: If you're the last person to play and the turn rolls when you end, post on the tech thread "turn rolled", so we can just use tech thread subscriptions to notify everyone.

Getting Runtime error.

Change the port, it is 2058 not 2057.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18