As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

@boldly

What directory path did you use for installing the mod?

So are 124x124 the dimensions?
And how do I create a map with those dimensions?

It seems like Commodore is intentionally not telling us what the map dimensions are.

You can create a map with any dimension using my map editor tool. The Torusland script also has a wide range of map size options to choose from.
I have to run.

Oh and I agree that we will probably need a working civstats tool. Does anybody know how civstats actually works?
I have to run.

(March 12th, 2014, 04:57)novice Wrote: Oh and I agree that we will probably need a working civstats tool. Does anybody know how civstats actually works?

Without civstats I don't see how anyone reliably avoids double-moving without an insane amount of out-of-thread communication and risks of delay.

We'll be reloading nearly every turn without civstats or some equivalent. People struggle to make their turns all the time in a smaller game once turns get long.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

(March 12th, 2014, 05:54)Dhalphir Wrote: People struggle to make their turns all the time in a smaller game once turns get long.

All the more reason to actually ask for a pause if you need one.

The double moves issue is the real problem.
I have to run.

Without civstats, we could use a separate stickied thread, where only turn progress would be posted.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

On another note, are we supposed to have contact with India, the Lurker civ?
I hope that civ doesn't have any extra techs that can mess up the known tech bonus. smile
I have to run.

It's probably inevitable that we'll all have contact with the lurker civ. I think there was going to be a great spy placed upon each of our starting settlers, unless I misunderstood how the infiltration was going to take place.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon